Dubai provides best business and job opportunities to foreigners around the world. It is the reason that 87% population of Dubai is composed of foreigners which is highest in the world. These expats are living in Dubai to avail the opportunities they have in one of the most business and job friendly cities in the world. Apart from the presence of large number of wealthy foreigners, the local Emirati citizens are also quite well off and they are ready to hire people from different parts of the world for completing different tasks. One important position that is highly sorted by residents of Dubai from foreign countries is domestic maid.
The government allows hiring maids in Dubai from designated countries. Every year, thousands of women from different parts of the world attain such job opportunities in Dubai. For this purpose, there is a complete and lengthy process and special residence visa is required to complete this hiring process of domestic maids. Following are important points to consider before applying for maid visa in Dubai.
- Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Philippines and Ethiopia are the countries from where the residents of Dubai can hire maids
- Only head of family can obtain maid’s visa. His minimum salary must be AED 6000 or AED 5000 including accommodation
- Maids can only be hired by families. Bachelors can’t sponsor them
- Private employees have to present their labour contracts. Salary certificates will be required from government employees
- Proof of 2 bedroom apartment with Ejari attestation
- 3 photos of maid
- Affidavit from the related embassy/consulate
- Typed application from authorized typing office
Along with maid’s residence visa, medical fitness report and Emirates ID of maid also have to be submitted within 30 days after arrival of your maid. Medical fitness test is compulsory for attestation of residence visa. All new maids have to be screened for HIV, syphilis, leprosy, Hepatitis B, TB and pregnancy. The maid will also receive Hepatitis B vaccination in three doses. You have to collect and preserve proof of these doses as it will remain valid for 10 years.
The maid’s residence visa application, medical fitness report and Emirates ID will be submitted to any GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency & Foreign Affairs – Dubai) branch.
The process of acquiring maid’s residence visa is a slightly complicated one. You can make this whole procedure simple and quick by contacting Riz & Mona Consultancy. We are available via WhatsApp # 971-56-9971225.
Your blog is very informative and I’ve learned alot! I really appreciate your hard work.