Dubai south is located as the world’s first purpose-built metropolis, is a planned enterprise of the government of Dubai that put the emirate as a leading international trade center of the world. Acknowledged as one of the most ambitious projects of its kind that has 140-square kilometer master-planned free zone situated near the Jebel Ali Sea Port which brings a unique multi-modal experiences that support a number of activities including logistics, commercial, humanitarian, residential, exhibition, aviation, and tourism businesses.
Dubai south which is formerly known as Dubai World Central involves numerous key components including the Al Maktoum International Airport (AMIA), Business Park, Commercial District, Logistics District, Aviation District, Residential District, Golf District, Humanitarian and Exhibition District which together serve as a stage for the growth of aviation, logistics, ancillary service businesses and light industry. The Al Maktoum International Airport which is projected to be the world’s largest airport with an annual capacity of approximately 12 million tons of cargo and 160 million passengers upon its completion is at the center of Dubai south and is fully connected with the rest of the districts.
Dubai South Districts
Dubai South has been divided into three districts
- Aviation District
- Logistic District
- Free Zone Business Park
Dubai south or previously DWC Aviation District is a dedicated to aviation industry. The Aviation District is developed to provide the complete range of aviation manufacturing related industries, aviation support services, design and consultancy, aviation training, products and parts, research and development, light manufacturing units, Fixed Base Operators, Maintenance Repair & Operations and high-technology industries. It is being designed as a one-stop shop for all aviation-related setups and future regional headquarters for key corporations in aviation industries.
The Logistics District provides direct access to sea, air and road transportation, including a designated airport and seaport corridor which allows cargo to move from port to airport quickly. It also offers simplified start-up processes, and is competitive rates for company formation. Moreover, the district’s business residents can either get free zone or non-bonded zone licensing. The Logistics District has been planned to fulfill the gap in the global supply chain as it covers the way for a fast logistics cycle with operational predictability.
Free Zone Business Park
The Business Park was intentionally positioned at the entrance of Dubai South or Dubai World Central (DWC) and it offers companies and businesses the space and the flexibility they need to expand and grow with the aerotropolis and city around them. It offers top-quality commercial buildings with wide range of options to choose from. The Business Park is designed to being the ideal site for long term business setup. Company formation in DWC Free Zone Business Park will benefit you with option it provides such as 100 percent tax free setups, complete foreign ownership with no corporate taxes and flexible commercial lease terms also direct access to Al Maktoum International Airport. Also a very important component of the Business Park is Dubai South Business center or DWC Business Center (DWCBC). It is a fully furnished business complex and offers number of smart office solutions, including devoted and shared desk options. It also provides 100 percent license ownership. DWCBC provide such an environment to small businesses and entrepreneurs to offer their services to an extensive range of international and local companies and businesses at an extremely competitive lease rates.
Business Setup in Dubai South
For business setup in Dubai South on must register as a Free Zone Enterprise and hold a Dubai south business license. Any company, partnership, association, or individual may apply for the registration of a Free Zone Enterprise at DWC.
First step is to obtain an Initial approval from free zone department for initial approval. After approval one must proceed for registration and incorporation process. Application review time is approximately 15 working days. Applicants only to lease office space not requested to submit a business plan. Dubai south or DWC Company Registrar is person in charge of for the registration and licensing procedures. The application must be submitted with the non-refundable fee as specified by authority.
After the application to register a Free zone enterprise (FZE) has been approved and payment of the required share capital (applicable for a LLC) and all other fees have been paid, the Company Registrar will issue the following:
For a Dubai South LLC
- Incorporation certificate
- Each shareholder gets Individual share certificates
- Memorandum of Association of company
- Articles of Incorporation of company
- Registration certificate will be issued
Company setup in Dubai South Free Zone
One can set up the following types of companies in Dubai South:
- Dubai South Limited Liability Company
- Branch of an overseas company or a branch of a UAE registered company
Dubai South Limited Liability Company
- It is a legal entity with its own legal nature
- Liability of shareholders of Limited liability company is limited to the value of the share capital they hold
- A Dubai South-LLC must have Shareholders, Directors, Company Secretary and a General Manager
- The minimum capital requirement for Dubai-LLC’s is AED 300,000 and share value is AED 1.
A Branch of an Overseas Company
- A branch is Representative office of an existing legal entity outside the Dubai South Free Zone
- A branch cannot have board of directors or a company secretary.
- A branch must have a general manager who is responsible for business activities
- Branch’s name must end with the designation [Branch]
- Name of the branch is same as the name of its parent company
Lease options for Company formation
Company formation in Dubai south provides different types of lease options for both the Dubai Logistics City and Aviation City parts of the Dubai south Free Zone. There are office space leases, land and warehouse leases. The lease agreement will be issued to the customer upon approval of the application and finalization of registration, settlement of all fees and issuing of license.
License options for Business setup
There are various types of licenses option available for business setup within DLC or Aviation City. Licenses are valid up to a period of one year and are renewable.
It is for logistics services such as, storage, distribution, inventory management and transportation, order management, forwarding, sorting and clearing. The license holder is allowed to handle products within the UAE but not allowed to sell them within the UAE.
It is for light manufacturing such as, blending, purifying, repacking, mixing, wrapping, assembling products using noiseless machinery or laborers.
Trading license is for distributing and storage of products, importing, exporting and selling which are specified in the license. The selling of finished goods and products is allowed within the UAE only through a licensed local distributor or agent.
Under service license one is allowed activities such as training, consulting, catering, human resources, insurance.
It is for education, educational consultancy, and social services.
Benefits of Business setup in Dubai South Free Zone
- You can get benefits of 100% tax free operations by company formation in Dubai South
- Business setup in Dubai South will benefit you with 100% foreign ownership
- Zero corporate tax on company incorporation
- Business setup will give you option to choose from high quality commercial buildings
- Company incorporation will give you flexible commercial leases
- It gives you options for free zone or non-bonded zone licenses for business setup
- Company formation at very competitive rates
- Business setup in Dubai south will give you easy access to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Company formation in Dubai south will give you benefits of space and facilities for companies to operate efficiently and effectively