The government of Dubai prepares to open a new free trade zone for e-commerce named “Dubai CommerCity,” which will provide a base for online retailers. Dubai CommerCity is the first and only free zone dedicated to the growing e-commerce market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. It is an investment of AED 3.2 billion spread over an area of approximately 2.1 million square feet. Dubai CommerCity provides a unique e-commerce ecosystem to global and regional brands to help them set up and operate their e-commerce business in the MENA region. The site is a joint venture between two state-owned enterprises — the Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA) and property firm Wasl.
Exponential Growth Opportunities in Dubai CommerCity
Dubai CommerCity has exceptional competitive advantages that make it one of the most attractive free zones for foreign direct investments:
- Gateway to the Regional Markets
It serves as a unique gateway for Dubai and the UAE to access a promising international economic sector. It provides direct access for e-commerce stakeholders in the MENA and South Asia regions.
- Strategic Location
The new free zone is strategically located near the Dubai International Airport and is well-connected to major local and national highways.
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure
It offers world-class cargo and logistics services and an integrated and sophisticated infrastructure with easy access to land and seaports, enabling swift and efficient distribution and delivery of services that are essential to competing in the world of e-commerce as well as minimizing supply chain costs.
- Free Zone Benefits
Opening a company in any of the free zones in the UAE has its own benefits. CommerCity being a free zone offers tax incentives, such as no corporate or income tax, has fast and efficient business set-up solutions, and seamless customer experience throughout the entire customer journey and across all touchpoints. It also has investment incentives like 100% foreign company ownership, 100% repatriation of capital and profits, and no currency restrictions
Project Development Plan of Dubai CommerCity
The e-commerce based free zone is designed with a modern and innovative approach. The masterplan consists of three clusters which aim to strategically achieve environmental and investment sustainability. Dubai CommerCity has implemented state-of-the-art technologies to provide investors with a smart & quality-focused business ecosystem. The three clusters are namely:
- Business Cluster: Business cluster has 12 buildings, with a total leasable area of 175,000 sqm. and a total built-up area of 240,000 sqm. It features modern buildings and landscapes within the interior and exterior areas to encourage customers to adopt an active approach while doing business. This cluster is compliant with the ‘Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design’ (LEED)’ program.
- Logistic Cluster: The logistics cluster consists of 105 logistics units with a total built-up area of 54,000 sqm and a leasable area of 53,000 sqm equipped with the latest technologies to meet the needs of logistics services providers and customers. This cluster is designed with rooftop PVC solar panels for generating clean energy.
- Social Cluster: The social cluster is the heart of Dubai CommerCity, with its art galleries, a range of luxury restaurants and cafés, and vibrant facilities that meet the expectations of E-commerce companies looking to establish regional headquarters in Dubai.
An Ideal Business Hub
Dubai CommerCity (DCC) will be the ideal regional hub for e-commerce businesses looking to offer services in the Middle East and beyond, given its strategic location close to Dubai International Airport (DXB), the world’s busiest international airport. It will optimize the experience of foreign investors by offering solutions that ensure ease of doing business.
DCC promises efficient customs procedures and a full-service one-stop shop for regulatory bodies to facilitate trade. It offers smart infrastructure and world-class services for the e-commerce industry players attracting the right pool of foreign direct investors to benefit from DCC’s unique value proposition and its top-notch ecosystem. To facilitate e-commerce business, Dubai CommerCity has fostered tie-ups with third-party service providers to ensure all the elements of the ecosystem are provided for the investors.
How We Can Help?
Dubai CommerCity has already started attracting investors, from all around the globe, interested to explore the market that has immense potential. To learn more about the Dubai CommerCity and how you can start benefiting from DCC from now, contact us today. Our experts at Riz and Mona Consultancy will guide you on how to gain maximum benefit.