The Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (ICA) issues the Emirates ID as an identification card for UAE nationals. All UAE nationals and residents are required to have an identity card. You should be aware of the significance of this ID card if you reside in the United Arab Emirates. With the help of Emirates ID, national ID card holders can use smart airport gates to quickly pass through immigration or access government services. It is a requirement for all citizens and residents of the UAE to always have it with them.
It is not a surprise that most people would panic if they lost this crucial document. But the “Fawri” service makes it feasible to replace your Emirates ID within 24 hours. This service is offered by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security for some extra charge.
Here is what you should do if you have lost your Emirates ID card or misplaced it in the United Arab Emirates.
Important Information about the Emirates ID
Here are some of the important things about the Emirates ID card that you must know:
Entering Wrong Details
Once the correct information is present on the Emirates ID, mistakes are possible. If you discover any of your information is inaccurate, you must go to the nearest EIDA office or Customer Happiness Center and present documentation of the right information.
Carrying Your card
As we have already mentioned at the beginning, it is mandatory for nationals and residents of the UAE to carry their cards with them all the time. You might have to face issues if you fail to show or give your ID card to the police.
Changing Your Name
Changes in your name due to marriage must be reported to EIDA.
It is necessary to always have your Emirates ID on you, per regulatory requirements. For this reason, you must apply for a replacement card as quickly as possible to replace a lost one.
Emirates ID cards are required for everyone in the UAE, including children and newborns.
How to Replace Your Emirates ID in 24 Hours?
Residents must notify the ICP as soon as possible if their ID card is lost, stolen, or damaged in order to prevent identity theft or other identity-related issues. Follow the following steps to replace your Emirates ID within 24 hours:
Report the Incident to the Relevant Authority
You should report the event to the nearest ICP Customer Happiness Centres as your first step. Bring a legitimate identification proofing document with you so the officials at the center can quickly deactivate your id card. You can also request that a duplicate of your missing Emirates ID card be issued. You must bring your old ID card if you need to report a damaged card.
Requirements to Bring as Proof of Identity
Here is what you need to bring as proof of identity to report the stolen or lost card:
- Child under 15: The original birth certificate and a colored passport-size photo must be provided by the parents (white background).
- UAE nationals: a family book and a current, authentic passport
- UAE expatriates: a current passport and a valid residency permit
- GCC nationals: certificate of dependency, valid employment card or certificate, valid marriage contract, or, school registration certificate, real estate lease, commercial license, and ownership contract
For diplomats, there are some conditions that make them free from paying the fees.
- The original diplomatic/consular card/membership card of an international organization is required in order for leaders and members of diplomatic and consular missions as well as foreign organizations with offices inside a country to be exempt from paying the identity card’s issuance fees.
- A legal medical report that is given by the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) or other UAE health agencies allows a person to be excused from paying an ID card’s charge if they are elderly or disabled.
- In the case that the applicant wasn’t present and a third party submitted the application, the original agency certificate for the person acting on the applicant’s behalf must be submitted (it is required to bring the owner’s original passport of the lost identity card).
Apply to Replace Emirates ID Card
As soon as you have reported the event, you should ask for a replacement of Emirates ID for your missing card. Application forms for replacement ID card requests are available at ICA Customer Happiness Centers. Similarly, you can submit the application form using the UAE ICP app and continue with the request.
To finish the replacement process for a lost Emirates ID card, you must fill in a form fully filled with your correct details and submit it. For submitting online forms, go to the official ICA website.
Pay the Fees
The details of the replacement fees for a lost, stolen, or damaged Emirates ID are as follows:
- Application fee Via eForm: AED 40
- Application fee via typing centre: AED 70
- Fee for replacement: AED 300
The application form must be submitted with the fees. These fees apply to all residents who are from the GCC, the UAE, or other countries.
Collect Your New Emirates Card
Once you’ve requested a replacement ID card, the ICA will send you an SMS informing you of the expected delivery date and the submission of your application.
The new Emirates ID is issued in two business days. If you have questions regarding your new Emirates ID card after getting an SMS message from ICA, you can get in touch with Emirates Post. You can contact them by calling 600-599-999.
Eligibility Criteria for Fawri Service
Nationals of the UAE and the GCC who are residents in the UAE can avail of the “Fawri”. All age groups are eligible to apply for replace the ID card. The service can be utilized to reissue expired cards, replace lost or damaged cards, or issue new Emirates ID cards.
Foreigners who are not citizens of the GCC can use the service to replace their ruined or lost identification cards.
Locations That Provide Fawri Service
The following ICP Customers Happiness Centers offer the “Fawri” service:
- Ras Al Khaimah Centre
- Al Jazeera and Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi
- Madinat Zayed in the Western Region
- Al Barsha, Al Rashidiya and Karama in Dubai
- Al Ain Centre
- Ajman Centre
- Sharjah Centre
- Fujairah Centre
- Umm Al Quwain Centre
So, that was everything that you must be aware of in case you lost your Emirates ID and are urgently looking to replace it. It is a simple-to-follow process that requires no expertise and a new id card will be issued in a day.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to replace Emirates ID?
In general, it takes 7 to 10 business days to replace Emirates ID. But with Fawri service, it can be replaced within 24 hours.
How to get Emirates ID quickly?
Apply through the Fawri service to get an Emirates ID quickly.
How do I replace my lost Emirates ID?
The process of replacing your lost Emirates ID is explained in this guide of ours. You will find the process for this job in great detail.
What happens if I lost my Emirates ID?
Your Emirates ID can be used for the wrong purposes. Similarly, the information given on the card can also be stolen or misused by others.
Please Note: We do not provide any assistance regarding Emirates ID. However, If you are looking to start your business in the UAE, get in touch with RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY.