Cosmetic Product Registration in Dubai
Dubai is one of the major hubs of international trade. It is the place to import, manufacture and re-export several types of products. One of the most important items in Dubai is cosmetic products. In order to import and export these products, the government of UAE wants to register them according to international standards.
- Cosmetic Products Registration in Dubai is compulsory before Importing, selling, and distributing in the local market. Therefore any company that wishes to import, sell or distribute cosmetic products in Dubai must register those products.
- Cosmetics registration in Dubai can be only done under a local company that holds a valid trade license in Dubai Mainland or in UAE free zones.
- The product must comply with the requirements set by the health & safety department.
How to register Cosmetic Products in Dubai?
- Formation of a new company. The first requirement for cosmetics product registration is a UAE-based company because any product registration can only be done under a UAE Based company. This company can be a Dubai LLC or a Free zone company. Talk to our consultant to register a company type as per your requirements. Moreover, this company must carry the cosmetics trading activity or it can be a General Trading License
- Registration of the Company with Dubai Municipality. After setting up a company, the next step is to register the company with Dubai Municipality. This is a lengthy process as the documents should be submitted to DM along with proper information but We at RIZ &MONA can help you to do this all process.
- Apply for label assessment. Once your company is registered with DM then you are ready for label assessment. You must give a sample of the product to Dubai Municipality along with the product label which is also called artwork.
- Product label. The label must comply with the regulations of Dubai Municipality and provide typical information. There are certain requirements for the label that should be fulfilled before submission. We can assist with label assessment as we have expert consultants and expertise.
Cosmetic Product Registration Requirements
- Only those products are included in cosmetics that are intended for teeth, oral cavity, and external parts (hair, nails, lips, epidermis, etc.) of the human body.
- The main functions of cosmetics are to clean, protect, perfume, change appearance, correct body odors and keep it in good condition.
- All the ingredients in cosmetic products must be safe for the human body. Any prohibited ingredient or unsafe amount of any restrictive item in any of these items will make it unsuitable for registration in Dubai.
- It is not allowed to import, manufacture, sell, and place in the market any cosmetic product prior to its registration and licensing of the brand.
- There are various authorities for the registration of different cosmetic products and there may be specific documents required by these authorities for the registration and licensing process.
- In case of import of a cosmetic product in Dubai, the documents must be attested by the UAE embassy.
Why Cosmetic Products Registration is Compulsory?
The business of cosmetic products in Dubai is one of the top businesses. UAE has a great market and the Cosmetic business in Dubai is booming. The main reason behind the registration of cosmetic products in Dubai is to provide safety to residents of Dubai. Therefore, it is mandatory for companies to register these substances according to regulations set by authorities before launching the products in Dubai.
Cosmetics are those constituents that are used to change the appearance of the face or texture of the body in a way that makes them pleasant to look at. Both artificial and natural items are used for the preparation of cosmetic products. Dubai Government is very keen to make sure the quality of such products by modern and comprehensive assessment.
Benefits of Cosmetic Product Registration
- Label protection and brand protection
- Gives access to profitable markets of Dubai, UAE, and other countries of the Gulf
- Gives rights to import, manufacture, and re-export cosmetic products
- Tax-free or very low tax business opportunity
- Complete assistance from the government of Dubai
List of Cosmetics Products
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels, and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Perfumes, toilet waters, Deodorants, antiperspirants, and Cologne
- Cleansing and Conditioning products
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Product for waving, straightening, and fixing
- Products for care of the teeth and mouth
- Hairdressing products (lotions, lacquers, brilliantine)
- Nail care and make-up products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions)
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Sunbathing and tanning products
- Skin-whitening products
- Products for external intimate hygiene
How long does it take to register?
This is not always easy to define just how long it takes to register cosmetic products in Dubai. In some cases, it can be a bit long and hard process, in others quite fleeting.
In general, the Cosmetic Registration in Dubai process takes between 2 to 3 weeks. There are two main aspects defining the timeline of the cosmetics registration process in Dubai:
- How ready the required documentation is prepared?
- If all the documents are perfect but still Dubai Municipality can ask for some additional documents such as some extra lab tests etc.
Riz & Mona Product Registration Services
Cosmetic product registration is a vital task that can only be accomplished by an experienced and formidable consultancy firm. Therefore, the only feasible option, in this case, is contacting RIZ & MONA consultancy. We provide:
- Review of your product documentation considering the basic requirements of applicable Dubai regulations and guidelines
- Review of your product’s labeling in accordance with the Dubai Cosmetics Regulation and applicable guidelines by Dubai Municipality
- Support on completion of the Product Information File (PIF)
- Organization of laboratory services with our external partner companies
- Notification of your cosmetic products registration
- Complete guidance in selecting the right place according to the type of cosmetic product
- Continuous support even after completion of the registration process
Do not hesitate to contact our expert by phone at +971 56 997 1225 or send an email at Info@rizmona.com for Cosmetic Products Registration in Dubai.