COSMETIC PRODUCTS REGISTRATION IN DUBAI
Dubai is one of the major and most vital hubs of international trade. It is the place to import, manufacture and re-export several types of products. One of the most important products in Dubai is cosmetic products. In regard to import and export of the cosmetic products, the government of UAE wants to register cosmetic products according to international standard.
- Cosmetic Products Registration is compulsory before Importing, selling and distributing in the local market. Any company who wants to import, sell or distribute cosmetic products in Dubai must register those products.
- Cosmetics registration in Dubai can be only done under a local company which holds a valid trade license in Dubai Mainland or in UAE free zones.
- The product must comply with the requirements set by health & safety department.
Why Cosmetic Products Registration is Compulsory in Dubai – UAE
The business of cosmetic products in Dubai is one of the top businesses. UAE have a great market and Cosmetic business is booming in Dubai. The main reason behind registration of cosmetic products in Dubai is to provide safety to residents of Dubai. Therefore, it is mandatory for companies to register cosmetic products according to regulations set by authorities before launching the products in Dubai.
Cosmetics are those constituents that are used to change the appearance of face or texture of body in a way that makes them pleasant to look. Both artificial and natural products are used for preparation of cosmetic products. So Dubai Government is very keen to make sure the quality of the cosmetic products by modern and comprehensive assessment.
Benefits of Cosmetics Registration in Dubai
- Label protection and brand protection
- Gives access to profitable markets of Dubai, UAE and other countries of Gulf
- Gives rights to import, manufacture and re-export cosmetic products
What is the use of Cosmetic Products?
Cosmetics products are applied to the human body for the purpose of beautifying, promoting attractiveness, cleaning or changing it appearance.
Ranging from fragrances, antiperspirants, shampoos and make up, to soaps, sunscreens and toothpastes, cosmetics and personal care products play vital role in our everyday life.
Precisely, there are almost 7 (seven) categories of cosmetics and personal care products – skin care, oral care, hair care, sun care, decorative cosmetics, perfumes and body care.
List of Cosmetics
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Perfumes, toilet waters, Deodorants, antiperspirants and Cologne
- Cleansing products and Conditioning products
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Product for waving, straightening and fixing
- Products for care of the teeth and mouth
- Hairdressing products (lotions, lacquers, brilliantine’s)
- Nail care and make-up products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions)
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Sunbathing and tanning products
- Skin-whitening products
- Products for external intimate hygiene
How long does it take to register a cosmetic product in the Dubai?
This is not always easy to define just how long it takes to register cosmetic products in Dubai. In some cases it can be a bit longer and hard process, in others quite fleeting.
In general, the Cosmetic Registration process takes between 2 to 3 weeks. There are two main aspects defining the timeline of the cosmetics registration process in Dubai:
- How ready the required documentation is prepared
- If all the documents are perfect but still Dubai Municipality can ask for some additional documents such as some extra lab tests
Procedure for Cosmetic Products Registration in Dubai
- Formation of new company. Since the product registration can be only done under a local company so you must to register, sell and import your products in UAE. Your company must carry the cosmetics trading activity or it can be a General Trading License
- Registration of the Company with Dubai Municipality. After setting up company, the next step is to register the company with Dubai Municipality. This is lengthy processes as the documents should be submitted to DM along with proper information. We at RIZ &MONA helping to do this all process
- Apply for label evaluation. Once your company registered with DM then you are ready to apply for product registration. This is a process of label assessment and you must give a sample of the product to Dubai Municipality along with product label
- Product label. The label must comply with regulations and typical information. There is certain requirements for label which should be fulfill before submission
What RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY can do for you?
- Review of your product documentation considering the basic requirements of applicable Dubai regulations and guidelines
- Review of your product’s labeling in accordance with the Dubai Cosmetics Regulation and applicable guidelines by Dubai Municipality
- Suppor on completion of the Product Information File (PIF)
- Organization of laboratory services with our external partner companies
- Notification of your cosmetic products registration
- Complete guidance in selecting right place according to the type of cosmetic product
- Continuous support even after completion of registration process
Do not hesitate to contact our expert by phone on +971 56 997 1225 or send an email at [email protected] for Dubai Cosmetics Registration.