Ministry of Health Products Registration
There is a complete procedure for the registration of all types of permitted products in Dubai and other parts of the UAE. There are respective authorities for the registration of all these products in Dubai and other emirates of UAE. In Dubai, most of these products are mainly registered by Dubai Municipality (DM). But in the case of all types of medical products and devices, the main registration authority is the Ministry of Health & Prevention, UAE.
All the pharmaceutical companies will have to register themselves from their related department. Only after that, these companies will be allowed to apply for registration of medical and pharmaceutical products, instruments, and devices. For this purpose, they will contact the Ministry of Health and Prevention along with other departments as well. It is important to note that health supplements registration in Dubai has a different procedure that is handled by Dubai Municipality.
Dubai has adopted international standards for the registration of all types of products, especially for those related to health and safety of people. It is the reason that the registration process for medical products is very strict and lengthy. It may take more time and require the submission of further documents as compared to registration of other products. But after completing this registration process, you can expect to get several benefits that are not available in most other places around the world.
Table of Contents
Benefits of MOH Products Registration
- UAE is a lucrative market with an affluent and health-conscious population. There is large scope for the growth of medical products in Dubai and the UAE
- The trend of medical tourism has increased several folds in the past few years in UAE, especially Dubai. People from all around the world arrive here in large numbers to take advantage of world-class medical facilities at relatively cheaper rates as compared to other advanced countries. This further increases scope of the Dubai and UAE market
- After registration of such products, the related companies can import, manufacture, and also re-export medical products and devices to other countries as well
- Due to the adoption of international standards, products registered by the Ministry of Health & Prevention, UAE are easily accepted in GCC and other foreign countries without much nuisance
- The time of the registration process can be reduced if the desired product has already been registered by any other recognized regulatory authority (e.g. US FDA, EU, TGA Australia, Japan MHLW, etc.)
Requirements from Ministry of Health
- Manufacturer or local representative will submit application in the related department of Ministry of Health, UAE. This application can be in English or Arabic language.
- Technical requirements and documents have to be submitted alongside the application. There are different requirements and documents according to the type of medical device or product
- After approval, the registration will be valid for 5 years. After that, it will require renewal of registration
- It may take several months to get approval from the Ministry of Health
Why Riz & Mona
- We are well aware of the complete process due to years of experience in the Dubai market. We have already registered a large number of products successfully in Dubai and UAE, including medical products
- We can cover the whole registration process from beginning to end. You don’t have to worry anything about it or consulting anyone else after handing over this matter to us
- We will continuously assist you even after the completion of the registration process in case of any issue or requirement