It is a recognized fact that UAE is a business hub where companies and entrepreneurs from all around the world want to establish their business. The purpose is to get most from available opportunities like tax-free economy, free zones and other incentives provided by UAE govt. The country is especially known as a trade hub for merchants.
In these circumstances, an important area that foreign entrepreneurs can use for establishment of their business in the trade-friendly gulf state is by launching their new product for its marketing. In the UAE, you can launch a new product by using a number of ways. Few such important distributing chances are provided here below.
Despite the arrival of modern business centers in Dubai, there is still a large presence of traditional boutiques and souk stalls in Dubai. Most of the lower and middle-class population of local and foreign residents prefer these places for their everyday necessities. In these circumstances, traditional boutiques and souk stalls provide a good option for launching your product if you are selling medium-range products and your targets are lower-income customers.
The second option for entrepreneurs is shopping centers. These shopping centers are becoming places of fast-growing businesses due to development in tourism and fast growth of wealth in the country. These shopping centers are visited not only by local and foreign residents but also by tourists on a regular basis. This is an expensive option and is suitable for launching any expensive product. A few of these famous shopping centers are Mall of the Emirates, Abu Dhabi Mall, and Al Ghurair City.
Like other types of business activities, few areas in all the big cities of UAE offer a good opportunity for trading of specific products. There are also several free zones that provide growth opportunities for specific businesses. These areas contain specialized shops that are also important for launching specific products that may include luxury products in garments, watches, fashion accessories, gastronomy, etc.
There is no shortage of stores providing multi-brand products to their customers in the UAE. These stores are a favorite location for elite class residents of the UAE along with tourists from different parts of the world. Diverse and multi-brand products can get benefit by launching their products in these multi-product and multi-brand stores that are present in many big cities of UAE.
Shop in Shop:
This is a new concept and is unique to Dubai in the UAE so far. In this process, the large department stores distribute several luxury product brands in the same area by providing a dedicated place to each brand.
These are the most popular segment for launching a new product. These supermarkets receive customers from all segments of society regularly. These places are therefore suitable for launching all types of products in the UAE. These supermarkets are present in all big cities including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, etc. Carrefour Group and Spinney Group are a few examples of these supermarkets available in UAE.
Every year, several exhibitions are held in different parts of UAE that provides business growth opportunities for entrepreneurs. These exhibitions are held in Dubai and other major cities in the UAE. You can launch your product in any of the exhibitions if it is related to your product after clearing necessary requirements.
Launching your products in these exhibitions will provide national and international exposure to your products due to arrival of a large number of companies and customers from around the globe. In fact, UAE is best for exhibitions in MENA region. Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCAA) is the authority that organizes an exhibition in Dubai.
You can use e-commerce for direct selling of your products. The invent of modern technology is increasing the prospect of e-commerce business and around 72% population of UAE are purchasing products by using online transactions. You can use online newsletters, blogs, social networking sites, online advertising and search engine optimization (SEO) as a subsidiary of e-commerce.
Currently, e-commerce is successfully used in UAE by industries related to nutrition, beauty products for women, natural beauty products, luxury products, beverages, tea, coffee, etc. It is expected that scope of this modern technology will increase further with time due to development in technologies. Support for e-commerce is evident from the fact that region’s first e-commerce free zone is in Dubai that provides specific incentives to e-commerce related companies.
Things to do before launching a new Product:
But before launching a new product, there are few important steps that should be taken in order to achieve the successful launch of a new product.
- The first step before launching a new product is its market research that can be done through online polls or surveys. This research provides information through potential customers who tell about the popularity or otherwise of a product in the market. You can also do the same research by collecting production and sales statistics for similar products.
- The second step is to test the product at the public level in order to find the requirement for improvement in the product. You can test your product by using a demo of a product at a trade show or by using market research companies.
- A product can successfully be launched by choosing right kind of distribution company that operates at a suitable price and able to meet right proportion of supply and demand.
- It is a better practice to keep the price of a new launched product lower. It will initially decrease the profit but you can expect a higher rate of customer-return later when the item is selling at its original price.
- The retail staff of a new product must be provided with proper training so that they may completely inform customers about the product. This will increase the chances of sale of that item.
- The last step for launching a new product is marketing of the product. You can advertise your newly launched product by using methods like promotional literature, trade shows, product sampling, online ads, technical literature, etc. according to your investment.
If you find it difficult to register a new product before its launch in UAE then we at Riz & Mona Consultancy can help you register your new product in the most appropriate way. Apart from registration of your product, we will also assist you in launching and marketing the product in Dubai and other emirates of UAE. You can call us at WhatsApp # +971 56 9971225.