PRODUCT REGISTRATION IN DUBAI
Dubai provides one of the best opportunities for merchants around the globe to import, manufacture, distribute and re-export a large number of products including cosmetics, health, food, and many others. Dubai is a hub of trade between different markets on an international level. For this purpose, there is a complete Product registration process developed by the government of Dubai. This process ensures that only high-quality products are imported and manufactured in Dubai.
RIZ & MONA Consultancy is one of the top consultancy firms in Dubai as far as product registration in Dubai is concerned. Our team will be happy to assist you with expertise since we have years of experience in Dubai Regulatory Affairs and hundreds of satisfied clients to prove this claim.
What is a Product Registration?
Product registration is a process carried out by relevant authorities in a specific country to register any imported or manufactured product in that country. Different types of products are registered through this important process. All the products are required to be registered before their import, promote and sell in Dubai.
In Dubai, the product registration process is conducted by several authorities such as safety and health section of Dubai Municipality, Food Department or Ministry of Health. The most important one is Dubai Municipality (DM) while other departments are also required for completion of this process.
- The Dubai Products Registration process ensure that each product either its cosmetic products or Packaged food product has all the necessary information on its label, so consumer gets the clear information about the product that what they are going to buy.
- For Cosmetic Products Registration the Dubai Municipality process checks the presence of any substance that may be harmful on the human body and Same for food products, anything that might be restricted or not suitable for human consumption will be rejected to import to Dubai.
- All the products registered in Dubai are integrated into a single system. Where all the consumer goods in Dubai are registered. This makes it easier for government, traders, and customers to get detailed information about all the consumer products in Dubai
Why Product Registration is compulsory in UAE?
- The main reason of implementing the process of product registration in Dubai is to restrict the trading of fake and harmful products in the local market of Dubai and to ensure the safety of consumer and quality of the products
- Dubai municipality product registration controls the entry of products into the UAE market to ensure product quality and Consumer safety by aiming on product registration, random product testing and product inspections
- Products Registration specify that each product which will be imported in Dubai for local trading should be registered in Dubai Municipality and get a registration certificate which may be asked at the time of shipment clearing
How Product Registration process works in Dubai?
The product registration can only be processed by a company based in Dubai or in UAE Free zone. The company must have a valid trade license. Please note that only a local UAE company which is also having the appropriate business activity can register its products with Dubai Municipality.
After setting up a company in Dubai or in UAE Free zone, the next step is to register a company with DM. this required some basic information about the company such as trade license of the company, email address and contact details. We can assist you for the process since we are doing for a long time.
The third step in registration is the submission of the required documents to apply for label assessment of the products as per the product category. A product sample must be submitted to CPSS. When an assessment of the label is done then DM will issue a Label Assessment Report which comprises product description.
Products required registration
- Food products
- Cosmetics products
- Health supplements products
- Medical products
- Herbal products
- Electronic goods
- Sports equipment and several others
- All types of narcotics drugs
- All types of gambling tools
- Goods from Israel
- Betel Leaves
- Nylon fishing nets
- Specific food colors, food additives, and chemicals
- Alcoholic beverages
- Rough diamonds
- New tires
- Print materials and media products
- Nuclear-energy related products and a few others
Benefits of Product Registration
- The product can be import, sell and promote in the Dubai local Market
- Registration of your product in Dubai will make it eligible not only for Dubai and UAE, but you can also launch your product in the whole GCC area
- Except for a few harmful and unethical products, there is a large variety of products that are allowed to be registered in Dubai
- Hassle free trade in U.A.E and internationally
The validity of Product Registration in Dubai
The product registration in Dubai is valid for 5 years for every registered product.
What RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY can do for you?
We provide number of services in this regard including:
- Review of your product’s labeling in accordance with the Dubai Cosmetics Regulation and applicable guidelines by Dubai Municipality
- Review of your product documentation considering the basic requirements of applicable Dubai regulations and guidelines
- Notification of your products registration in Dubai
- Support on completion of the Product Information File (PIF)
- Organization of laboratory services with our external partner companies
- Complete guidance in selecting right place according to the type of product i.e Cosmetics , Food , Supplements
- Continuous support even after completion of registration process
Do not hesitate to contact our expert by phone on +971 56 997 1225 or send an email at Info@rizmona.com for Dubai Product Registration.