Cosmetic Products Registration in Dubai
Dubai is the one of major and most vital hubs of international trade and in regards of import and export of the cosmetic products, UAE government wish to establish a modern assessment, so product registration in Dubai is obligatory before lunching any of cosmetic products in Dubai market.
What Is Product Registration?
The basic purpose of cosmetics registration is consumer safety, this process permits the CPSS (Consumer Products Safety Section)to fold adequate information to evaluate the safety of cosmetic products. It is compulsory to highlight that no cosmetic product will be manufactured, imported, exported, advertised, sold or distributed in Dubai without registration in accordance with Dubai Municipality regulation.
The Registration Regulation
The Dubai Government standardizes the manufacture, sale and importation of cosmetic products by requiring that all cosmetic products to be registered prior to placing in Dubai market; as well as by regulating the individuals to get a proper license in Dubai related to cosmetics products.
Validity of Product Registration in Dubai
The registration of a cosmetic product is valid for 5 years as an extension for renewal to be reviewed.
Definition of Cosmetic
A cosmetic product means any ingredient or preparation intended to be placed in contact with the various external parts of the human body (epidermis, hair system, nails, lips and external genital organs) or with the teeth and the mucous membranes of the oral cavity with a view exclusively or mainly to cleaning them, perfuming them, changing their appearance and/or correcting body odors and/or protecting them or keeping them in good condition.
Functions for Cosmetics Products
Following are the basic function of Cosmetic products
- To clean
- To perfume
- To change the appearance
- To protect
- To keep in good condition
- To correct body odors
List of Cosmetics
The following list is not in-depth but is provided as an example:
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc.
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Perfumes, toilet waters and Eau de Cologne
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Deodorants and anti-perspirants
- Hair care products:
- Hair tints and bleaches
- Product for waving, straightening and fixing
- Setting productsCleansing products (lotions, powders, shampoos) Conditioning products (lotions, creams, oils) Hairdressing products (lotions, lacquers, brilliantines)
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions)
- Products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes
- Products intended for application to the lips
- Products for care of the teeth and mouth
- Products for nail care and make-up
- Products for external intimate hygiene
- Sunbathing products
- Products for tanning without sun
- Skin-whitening products
- Anti-wrinkle products.
Registration of the product in Dubai:
In order to register a product in Dubai, a number of steps need to follow and to register the product in Dubai , a list of documents need to produce from country of origin and these documents must be attested from UAE embassy.
We been gone through so many product registration projects so far and we have a good range of satisfied clients. The process of product registration in Dubai varies from product to product every time we practiced something new which is of course challenging but exciting for us, but we are taking it as an add on in knowledge base.
Helping source : website http://www.dm.gov.ae
Please contact us today using the inquiry form on the right or by calling us now on +971 4 558 6339 for more information or assistance