The COVID-19, which originated from China, has halted a lot of the operations across the globe and it has caused millions of dollars in losses to companies.
People have been advised to stay at home and only go out when it is absolutely necessary; this has increased the demand of delivery services not only in Dubai but also across the globe.
The Dubai Police has shared some pointers as to how people can take precautions while ordering things online and receiving them through their delivery system.
The information was shared on their social media and contained 7 important steps.
- It is important to avoid direct contact with deliverymen. Ask them to leave your order at the door, for a contactless delivery.
- Once you receive your order, place the delivery bag in a sink immediately.
- Do not keep the containers that your food is delivered in. Avoid storing it in your cabinet or refrigerator.
- Place your food/decant it in a clean dish from your kitchen.
- Remove your food from the bag and discard the bag immediately. Remember to disinfect your sink afterwards.
- Do not eat food directly out of the containers that it is delivered in. Use your own dishes and utensils.
- Remember to wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds before eating.
The widespread of coronavirus has forced Dubai and rest of the UAE to take many precautionary measures. The country is focusing on educating its population to help deal with this pandemic in a much more civilised manner.
Earlier this week, it was reported that there were 412 new corona cases and three deaths in Dubai, which forced the authorities to fast track their efforts to spread awareness.
A two-week lockdown was imposed earlier this month and it remains to be seen whether the lockdown will be extended further or not.