Table of Contents
Dubai is consistently trying to improve quality of life for its citizens and expat residents. An important step in this regard is the immense importance the government gives to health and fitness of its people and foreign residents. For this purpose, several opportunities are provided to investors who want to set up a hospital or clinic in the city. But professionals like to establish a health clinic as it is cost-effective and easy to run. These health clinics can be established in mainland UAE as well as in free zones. Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is one such free zone designated for medical facilities and the authority of this free zone provides complete support for setting up health clinics in the DHCC.
Opportunities and Benefits
Dubai is a business hub where almost every type of business is flourishing due to a supportive government, higher lifestyle and presence of a large number of expats and visitors. The government of Dubai wants to provide best and quality health facilities to Emirati citizens and expats living in the state. For this purpose, the role of the Dubai government is very encouraging and supportive. Several incentives are provided for establishment of health clinics in both mainland and free zone. Few important benefits available for setting up a clinic in Dubai include:
- Clinics can be established in all free zones in Dubai. Setting up a clinic in Dubai provides advantages like exemption from taxes and duties and repatriation of 100% profit to their native country. Apart from that, Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is an exclusive free zone established for businesses related to medical field. There are several incentives available for setting up a health clinic in DHCC.
- After establishment of such a health clinic in Dubai mainland or a specific free zone, the professionals will be able to deal with very wealthy local and foreign patients. It means they will get a good reward for their services in Dubai.
- Due to advancement of medical facilities available at competitive rates, Dubai has been transformed into an attractive location for medical tourism. Millions of tourists from around the world visit Dubai every year for medical treatments. It means opening a clinic in Dubai will provide health professionals to get new foreign clients.
- In Dubai, only highly experienced and professional persons are allowed to open clinics and they can expect to earn handsome income soon after establishment of their clinic as it is a public utility service and provides an opportunity to receive a large number of clients on regular basis.
Points to note before Dubai healthcare clinic setup
- Private clinics in Dubai can be started by professionals with a medical degree or through director of a clinic with required qualifications.
- You can start a private clinic in the fields of urology, gynecology, dentistry or cosmetology or you can also start a complete medical center providing various medical facilities at a single place. Setting up a distinct clinic like a dental clinic in Dubai has different requirements during registration process.
- You need a professional license from Department of Economic Development (DED) if you want to establish a private clinic.
- These licenses have to be approved by Dubai Healthcare Authority (DHA). DHA will provide specific licenses for resident doctors, consultants, interns, specialists, and general practitioners.
- As it is a professional license, you will only require a local service agent for registration of your clinic
Procedure to set up health clinic in Dubai
- The registration process starts with the selection of a trading name for your clinic. This name will be sent to DED for approval and this will complete first stage for registration.
- After reservation of trade name, the investor will file an application to DED to obtain initial approval for a clinic. All necessary documents (like passport copy, lease agreement, MoA, etc.) must also be provided with this application. Approval of layout plan of proposed clinic from Dubai municipality is also needed for this approval.
- In the third step, the investor will apply for a license from DHA after approval of initial license from DED. This process includes obtaining a license after providing documents like a feasibility report for clinic.
- In the 4th step, the investor will prepare important documents like lease agreement, memorandum, etc. for registration of clinic as a company.
- In the next step, final approval from DED is required. You will submit all the prepared documents along with a copy of initial approval and payment of a fee for registration of company. The DED will issue the trade license after verification of these documents.
- In the last step, the investor will apply for a DHA license online by creating a user id on DHA portal. The details about the licensed consultant and medical professionals will be supplied. The authority (DHA) will issue the license for starting a clinic after verifying the documents. This is the last stage for approval after which the investor will be able to open a clinic at his/her desired location.