Starting a Beauty Salon Business in Dubai
Dubai is the ideal location to start a salon business. Millions of people who care about their looks and are fashionable live in the UAE. In fact, Dubai leads the region’s cosmetics sector in the UAE, which is one of the biggest in the world.
It’s a smart move to operate a beauty salon in Dubai because there will always be a need for this kind of service. People in Dubai take great care of their appearance because of the high standard of living, fashion competition to look better than one another, and high amounts of disposable income per capita. As a result, salon businesses thrive in the UAE.
By 2025, it is expected that the industry, which includes skincare, haircare, self-care, and other related products, will be worth an astounding USD 3 billion. There are all the right reasons to believe that this trajectory will continue for a very long time given the influenced and wealthy Gen Z and Millennial populations.
It is possible to start a brand-new salon, a salon franchise, or a boutique salon in Jumeirah, a modest salon in Bur Dubai. However, to start this business, you need a salon license. To obtain a salon license in Dubai, all you have to do is get in touch with the business professionals at RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY.
if you’re wondering how to open a salon in Dubai, this guide is here to help you out. Continue reading.
How to Get a License for a Beauty Salon in Dubai?
Businessmen and investors wishing to open a beauty salon in the United Arab Emirates need to follow the instructions given below to obtain a salon license in Dubai and legalize all related business activities. The steps for acquiring the license are as follows:
1. Submit Your Passport and Visa
To start the process of getting a salon license in Dubai, you are required to submit copies of your visa and passport to the relevant authorities. Also, you must give the authorities legal copies of these documents for each of your business partners.
2. Pick a Trade Name
You need to make a list of the names you intend to use as your official company name in the United Arab Emirates. After making one, submit it to the governing body for approval. While creating a list of legitimate trading names for your salon business in Dubai, make sure to adhere to all naming convention protocols set by the government.
3. Obtain the Initial Approval
If your trading name and the other filed documentation are approved, the jurisdiction will send you the initial approval document. The next step is to work with an LSA (local service agent), who will assist you in obtaining the salon license in Dubai for a small price. Keep in mind that this amount is separate from the cost of the salon license in Dubai.
You also may be required to draft as well as sign the MOA. Along with that, you may also need to get approval from the Planning Section and the Health and Safety Division of the Dubai mainland.
4. Rent a Shop
Opening a salon in Dubai is less expensive if you rent a shop or workspace because you won’t have to spend a large chunk of money on real estate. Also, make an agreement with the resident. Be sure the rented area satisfies the government’s standards for office space and has a decent infrastructure.
5. Tenancy Contract and Ejari
Then, you need to obtain the tenancy contract along with the Ejari number.
6. Submit an Application for the Salon License
In Dubai, the procedure to get a salon license can be finished in under a day. But, if you forget to send in the necessary paperwork or pay the government fees, this deadline will be extended. Remember that as this is a skill-based service, you must apply for a professional license. Moreover, to keep your license valid, keep renewing it on time.
Beauty Salon License Requirements in Dubai
Following are the documents that you need to submit to the relevant departments to get the license from the DED:
- A filled application form
- Articles of incorporation (if applicable)
- Tenancy contract
- Passport and visa copies of the partners who are investing in the business
- Brief descriptions of intended business activities
- Trade name certificate
- Copy of Memorandum of Association
- Proof of approval from the Health and Safety Division along with the Dubai Municipality Planning section of DM
Ideal Place to Start a Beauty Salon Business in Dubai
Dubai Mainland is a great place to open a salon since you can draw in the most clients by taking advantage of Dubai’s local market. In Dubai Mainland, all companies are subject to regulation by the Department of Economic Development (DED). The department has identified a few key requirements for opening a beauty salon in Dubai. Working with a local specialist makes setting up a salon simple regardless of whether you want to open a men’s or women’s salon.
Benefits of Starting a Salon in Dubai
Dubai is renowned for being a business-friendly city. There are several solid reasons to launch a salon business in Dubai, including a sizable and growing customer base. One advantage of doing business here is the extremely low tax environment. With a low and flat VAT rate of 5%, whereas both the individual and business tax rates remain at 0%.
You can obtain a license to start your salon business in a matter of weeks if you work with Dubai business setup experts like RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY.
How to Register Cosmetic Products for Sale in Your Dubai Salon?
In Dubai, salon owners can also sell cosmetic products within their salons after registering them with the Dubai Municipality. To do so, follow these steps:
- Ensure Safety: First, ensure your cosmetic products meet safety standards through testing.
- Accurate Labeling: Properly label your products with ingredients and usage instructions.
- Application: Submit registration applications with required documents.
- Approval: Await approval and notification from Dubai Municipality.
- Fees and Compliance: Be aware of fees and stay updated on regulations to maintain compliance.
By selling registered, safe cosmetics, you can enhance your salon’s offerings and trust with customers, potentially boosting your business in Dubai. For detailed guidance on the registration process, refer to our service page for cosmetic product registration in Dubai.
Does a Salon Business in Dubai Make a Profit?
Yes, a salon business in Dubai makes a good profit in the country. Residents of Dubai are willing to pay for the excellence of living standards and quality of life because they demand it. If you are capable of offering those services, there is no reason why you shouldn’t make a profit right away.
Naturally, a wide range of factors can affect the profitability of this business. So, before committing to salon premises, be careful to conduct market research into desirable locations, local market needs, and product suppliers. For instance, in one location it might be beneficial to open a men’s salon, whilst, in another, it might be better to open a women’s salon.
Types of Beauty Salon Licenses in Dubai
Before applying for a salon license, you need to know about the types of licenses that are available. Generally, the licenses cover the same areas and are considered professional-type licenses. These licenses are:
- Women’s salon license
- Men’s salon license
Let’s talk about them separately.
Women’s Salon License
A ladies’ salon is authorized to perform hair and beauty services such as henna services. Hair care services include:
- Hair Washing
- Hair Cutting
- Hair Straightening
- Hair Coloring
- Hair Setting
- Hair Waving
- Hair Fixing
Beauty treatments include services like skin washing and cosmetics. Also, they are allowed to provide nail treatments, manicures, foot care, and facial aesthetics.
Men’s Salon License
Under the gents salon license, you are allowed to offer various services.
Hair care services for men’s salons include:
- Hair Treatments
- Hair Strengthening
- Hair Straightening
- Hair Setting up
- Hair Coloring
- Trimming in addition to covering and supporting hair strength
Different cosmetic procedures include:
- Hair removal
- Foot care
- Aesthetic facial treatments
- Beauty treatments include
- Skin purification
- Skin hair removal
- Foot care
- Face aesthetic
Requirements to Open a Beauty Salon in Dubai, UAE
Due to the high level of living and high per capita income, launching a beauty salon in the UAE for beautification and hair care is a great option. It can be on the mainland, in one of the free zones in Dubai, or as a branch of your current chain of beauty salons.
Following are some of the requirements for opening a beauty salon in Dubai:
- The front of the salon must have a signboard.
- The location of the salon in Dubai requires approval from the planning division of the Dubai Municipality.
- You need to provide adequate ventilation and use exhaust fans.
- There should be a 1.0-meter distance between multiple makeup and hairdressing chairs.
- The salon’s furniture must be clean, tidy, and appropriate.
- The salon’s ceiling must be higher than the floor by at least 2.30 meters.
- The lighting must be adequate.
- Dressing chairs should strictly not be smaller than 3.0 meters wide by 3.5 meters long and must fulfill that specified size.
- There must be a sink or wash basin nearby where facial treatments are performed.
- The place where the hair-removing supplies will be prepared must be composed of fireproof materials.
- There must be a 0.5-meter distance between the walls and chairs.
- For beauty services like manicures, pedicures, hair removal, and henna art, a separate area must be set up. Each of these spaces must have a partition and be larger than 2.50 meters x 1.50 meters.
- You should get initial approval from the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) if you use any beauty or therapeutic equipment.
- A water heater must be installed in the salon.
- There must be drawers and cabinets to store towels and cosmetics.
- The approval of the location of the beauty parlor in Dubai from the planning department of Dubai Municipality.
Get a Beauty Salon License in Dubai with RIZ & MONA
Due to the UAE government’s recent implementation of new company laws, a flexible and business-friendly regulatory environment, quick approvals, and simple start-up procedures, Dubai is becoming a more attractive location for entrepreneurs, established companies, and investors. According to recently passed laws, international nationals can now open their own companies in Dubai without the assistance of a local sponsor and have full ownership of their businesses.
Want to get a license for a beauty salon in Dubai without any hassle and in a quick time? Get in touch with RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY. From selecting the activities you can include in your license to obtaining approvals for the salon layout to obtaining the final approval for your salon business license, we help you every step of the way. Your company will get our professional advice right away. Contact us right now to schedule a free consultation with our business consultants on trade licenses, business setup in Dubai, and more.