Since past several decades, Dubai has done everything possible to attract tourist from all over the globe. High rising structures, theme parks, international events & exhibitions, beautiful beaches, artificial islands and other places have played important role in increasing the number of tourists to several millions every year. The emergence of large number of tourists on regular basis flourished several types of industries in Dubai. One sector that really benefitted from tourism is the hotel industry.
Hotels are different from restaurants in the sense that they provide residence to people along with food delivery. Dubai hosts few of the world’s best hotels that also include world’s tallest hotel, Gevora Hotel, and Burj al Arab (famous as world’s first seven star hotel). In fact, 5 of the world’s six tallest hotels are in Dubai. But that doesn’t mean the Dubai only supports huge and expensive hotels for big investors.
In fact, there is lot of demand for small and medium sized hotels as well in Dubai as most of the tourists prefer to lodge in relatively cheaper hotel for longer stay. Apart from that, facilities and incentives are provided by the government of Dubai for all types of investors. But there is one thing that is not compromised by the government of Dubai regarding different hotels. it I necessary for all of them to maintain minimum quality standards.
There are several requirements before opening a hotel in Dubai. These hotels can be established in the categories of hotels, resorts, guest houses, youth hostels and others. Hotels are required to be between 1 and 7 stars (officially they are up to 5 stars).
Following are important regulations for hotels devised by the Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (DTCM).
- In contrast to most of other businesses in Dubai that need trade license, opening a hotel needs Tourism license. For this purpose, investors have to submit bank guarantee
- Minimum size of any hotel room is 30 square meters
- It is mandatory to clearly and correctly display prices of all services
- Appointing a manager with relevant qualifications is also necessary
- Store and secure guests’ data through an efficient program
These hotels can be established in Dubai mainland as well as in several free zones present in Dubai. Unlike several other businesses, it is more profitable to open a hotel in Dubai mainland because hotels are mainly relevant to tourists. These tourists prefer to stay near different tourist destinations that are present in Dubai mainland.
There are two steps before opening a hotel in Dubai. The owners will be required to get initial approval and then apply for license. Following are major steps and documents required to get initial approval for opening a hotel in Dubai mainland.
- “Certificate of good conduct” from DTCM (Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing)
- Passport copies and IDs of applicant along with all required documents (passport copies, qualification certificates etc.) of manager
- Approval from Dubai police
- Details about location and structure of hotel
In the next step, the applicants will be required to get tourism license to start their business. Following are important documents required for approval of tourism license for hotel business in Dubai.
- NOC (no objection certificate) from relevant authority (in case of international group of hotels)
- Minimum three month of tenancy contract with landlord
- Ejari certificate (required for hotel property)
- Approval from DM (Dubai Municipality) and other related authorities for electricity, public health and other such issues
- Trade name certificate
- Completion of initial approval and its fee receipt
The process for establishing a hotel in Dubai is quite lengthy and difficult if you try to do it yourself or take assistance from low-level firms. But you can complete this whole process conveniently after dealing with a reputed consultancy firm like Riz & Mona Consultancy. We have years of experience in this field and can assist you setting up hotel in any part of Dubai at a competitive rate.