Dubai has achieved the status of an international city and state. It is due to presence of a large number of foreign ex-pats who are here to take advantage of the tax-free economy and other incentives provided by the Dubai government. Most of these ex-pats and many local Emirati citizens are also enjoying a high lifestyle of Dubai which favors them to take services of other people for their everyday tasks. One of these is cleaning services.
Scope of Cleaning Company in Dubai
The presence of a large wealthy ex-pat population and a higher lifestyle of local population has converted the cleaning services into another lucrative business in Dubai for small entrepreneurs. Now, there are several companies providing cleaning services in Dubai. But even then, there is a lot of room for other such companies to operate as the population is increasing steadily which is rising the opportunity of cleaning business in the Dubai emirate.
Another reason favoring the growth of this business is the tourism opportunities available in UAE, especially Dubai. Dubai is among the most visited places in the world as thousands of people from all around the world visit Dubai every year and a large number of tourists are seen in Dubai at every time of year. It means that large hotels and restaurants always remain busy with customers. These hotels also require cleaning services on a regular basis. If you are providing high-class cleaning services then these big hotels and restaurants provide huge business opportunities for cleaning service providing companies.
Apart from residential and commercial cleaning services, industrial cleaning services for big offices are also required in Dubai. These offices are present in large numbers in Dubai mainland as well as in more than 25 free zones. There are so immense opportunities for cleaning services available in Dubai that its volume is increasing by more than 35% on an annual basis.
Things to consider before starting cleaning business:
- There are several types of cleaning services available for registration in Dubai. These include carpets cleaning, dry cleaning service, car washing & cleaning, building cleaning services, etc. You should include all these and other important services available in your company in order to get more exposure and acceptability for a wide range of services. But you can also adopt just a single type of cleaning service and provide exclusive cleaning service for your clients that will help you gain a reputation in the special field in the initial stages of your business. Later, you can add other services also after gaining experience. It is also a good idea if you can’t spend a lot of money in your business.
- You must only hire those persons and maids for cleaning purposes that are completely trained in their department. If they are untrained or inexperienced then they must be trained in the company before being used for cleaning business. Otherwise, they will destroy reputation of company.
- You should be well aware of the latest happening in your field. Be it the new cleaning techniques or new laws and regulations by the related government department. You must be fully aware and immediately adopt the latest necessities. It is essential to boost your business and also to remain ahead of your competitors.
- Dubai is a multicultural city where people from all around the world reside who speak different languages. It is important that you are aware of the two or three main languages (especially English, Arabic and Hindi) spoken in Dubai. Your customer representative should be able to easily communicate with customers in these languages.
- As stated above, there are multiple companies providing cleaning services in Dubai and you have to prove that you are better and relatively cheaper than other companies in order to grow your newly started business. Marketing is a necessity for this purpose. Apart from using old methods like business cards, brochures, etc. it is also advisable to make use of the facilities of modern world of media and internet like social media and blogs. This will help you promote your business for a longer time as people always seek internet to find the services they require.
- In Dubai, cleaning services are charged per hour rates. Most of the companies charge between AED 30 and AED 50. Rate of cleaning services for commercial and industrial (cleaning services in big offices) areas is higher as compared to residential cleaning services.
Registration of Cleaning Company in Dubai:
You can register as a professional or as a cleaning company license in Dubai. In both cases, the registration process will mainly be managed by Department of Economic Development (DED). Registration of a cleaning company is a lot more complicated as compared to registration as a professional. It will require (completion and registration of) a large number of documents and approval from several departments.
We at Riz & Mona Consultancy are providing business consultancy to businesses in Dubai for past several years. We provide document attestation services and registration of company from all government departments. You can contact us to set up your cleaning company in Dubai. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.