The prospects of growth of businesses are continuously increasing in UAE and every big and small entrepreneur wants to grab his/her share in this lucrative market of the most business friendly country in GCC. The govt. of Dubai is providing all the necessary incentives for the whole business community to establish and progress in the mainland and free zone areas of the country.
Free zones are preferred by many small investors as they can avail complete ownership of their company in free zones while individuals or a small company can also setup their business in a very small office. These small offices are quite helpful for small entrepreneurs who are unable to pay high rent of large offices that are also not according to their requirement. But free zones have their own shortcomings as they mostly allow specific type of businesses. These free zones are also available near coastal areas and providing goods or services from free zones to mainland is not only costly but they are also taxed by the govt.
Therefore, mainland is better place for those small investors who want to keep their business entirely in UAE. The government of UAE is also trying to provide facilities to small investors to cross all the hurdles. In order to provide convenient accommodation to these small investors, construction of business centres is allowed by the UAE government. The purpose of these business centers is to assist small entrepreneur setup their businesses in small offices where they will be provided with every necessity at relatively lower costs.
Few rules and regulations are devised by the UAE govt. in order to provide right type of environment for all the businesses present in these business centers. Important points are mentioned below.
- The initial requirement is the area allocated for the construction of business center in Dubai and other emirates of UAE. According to the law, the minimum area required for the construction of business center is 5000 square feet. Multiple storeys can be built in the business centre in order to provide large number of offices.
- The purpose of business centre is to provide offices of small area but there is a limit of minimum area for these offices. According to the rule, the minimum area of a single office must be 250 square feet. Offices smaller than this limit are not allowed in UAE mainland.
- These offices and the whole business center must be provided by all the necessities including water, electricity, office equipment etc. An office can only be provided for rent after accomplishment of all these necessities.
- All the other requirements devised by the UAE govt. have to be fulfilled by the owner of business center.
- In the end, the approval has to be taken by the respected authority. In case of Dubai, DM (Dubai Municipality) is the authority. Other emirates have their own departments that approve the opening of business centers.
Both the large and small businesses are growing in Dubai and all the other emirates of UAE. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity and are planning to invest in a business center in UAE, then you can contact us to complete the whole procedure of opening a business center in Dubai and any other emirate of UAE. We at Riz & Mona Consultancy have years of experience for setting up businesses in UAE. You can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.