It is critical for any company to establish an international presence in order to set a standard in its industry. Although it is of great importance to make an impact and generate maximum leads in the domestic market, a company’s growth would still be limited without internationalization.
Going international gives businesses, a lot of new opportunities. Such as, opening an office supply company in a foreign country would increase business opportunities by allowing them to expand their operations into new areas, as well as provide various other advantages. One of the most appealing aspects of starting an office supply company in Dubai is that the UAE permits 100 percent foreign ownership and allows them to carry out all operations in the same manner as the parent company.
Activities to be Covered in Order to Get an Office Supply License
Offices require a daily supply of a variety of items such as paper, ink, paper clips, and a variety of other items. Office materials are also heavily used by schools. As a result, you can expect to start an office supplies company in Dubai.
Dubai has established itself as a business-friendly city. Every person who wants to start a business in Dubai must first pick what type of business and interests he or she wants to pursue. In the same way, a person who obtains a business license in Dubai is required to have an office.
You should also consider the office supplies that are required for the smooth operation of an office.
The following are some of the activities that an Office Supply License can cover.
- Activity Code: 4761003
- Activity Group: Stationery and Trading of books
- License Type: Commercial
- Activity Description: This activity consists of reselling stationery items such as papers, record books, notebooks, various types of pens and pencils, rulers, sharpeners, paper clipping supplies, stamps, typewriters, and other stationery supplies.
Drawing supplies such as geometrical drawing pencils, rulers, decorative pens, triangular rulers, colors, color pencils, drawing paper, ink, and so on are also included.
Multi-Dimensional Images Trading
- Activity Code: 4761008
- Activity Group: Stationery and trading of books
- License Type: Commercial
- Activity Description: Firms that provide multi-dimensional imaged posters, photographs, and stamps to other businesses using their commercial and professional equipment; these businesses are not involved in the production process, which is handled by specialized printing houses designated under No. 2221-08.
Calculators & Spare Parts Trading
- Activity Code: 4741001
- Activity Group: Trading items specifically for Mechanical & engineering
- License Type: Commercial Activity Description: It entails the resale of gadgets that are used to conduct mathematical processes.
Office Furniture Trading
- Activity Code: 4773920
- Activity Group: Furniture trading
- License Type: Commercial
- Activity Description: Entails the resale of office furniture such as desks, tables, seats, and cupboards. It also includes the sale of office and retail fixtures, which are classified as class 5150.
Steps for Obtaining the Office Supply License in Dubai
An LLC (limited liability corporation) license is required for office supplies. In the event of an LLC license, the expat owns 49 percent of the shares, and the UAE national owns 51 percent. This will be a standard trading license that does not require any other approvals.
- Obtaining of Company’s trade name
- Obtaining the initial approval
- Preparing the Memorandum of Association for the business
- Final Submission to Dubai Economic Department
- License issuance
- Documents required
- Passport copy of shareholders of the company
- NOC while holding a residence visa
- Residence visa / Visit visa
- Ejari / Tenancy contract
How to Begin an Office Supply Company in Dubai
Make sure you are prepared before you start your office supply business, this will help you be efficient and increase profitability. So, try to conduct an informal assessment of the number of workplaces and schools in the neighborhood where you intend to open your Dubai business. When you first start your office supply business in Dubai, be sure that the space you rent has enough storage capacity for the various office supplies you’ll need to maintain on hand to service your clients.
You should also make sure that your stockroom is all-weather so that the supplies, which are mostly paper, are not harmed even if there are severe winds and torrential rains. These procedures will help prevent property damage/loss. When it comes to supply business, your inventory is your most valuable asset and any measures you take to safeguard them will pay off in the long term.
Determine Where You Get Your Office Supplies
You should choose your location so that you are close enough to the providers who will give you all of the office supply products that you require. It will be far better if you can find providers who are eager to deliver the things to your location. Your transportation costs will be reduced as a result of this.
- All vendors must have adequate communication capabilities, allowing you to contact them at any time
- Choose a central location for your store
- The most crucial thing to consider when deciding where to locate your supply store is its proximity to the schools and offices that will be your primary consumers. As a result, your deliveries of office supplies to them will be more convenient. This will help reach your customers easily and cut down costs on delivery and marketing as well
- It will be an extra source of income if you can additionally create a storage space where there is a high number of pedestrian traffic passing by all day. You must establish the existence of your store so that it is recognized by the general public, particularly to the businesses that you will supply with office supplies
- You can start by laying out this information when you do a survey of the area where you plan to do business to determine how many workplaces and schools are in the area that will serve as your target market
Why Choose Us?
We at Riz & Mona Consultancy are one of the leading business consultants in Dubai, UAE. We provide services for businesses and entrepreneurs interested in establishing their progress in the UAE. If you have any further queries, you can contact us. We will be pleased to help you.