Your Emirates ID has all of the required information to identify or describe the identity of a person. It is possible that you might need to change the existing information on it such as your name, address, phone number, picture, and whatnot. You will be glad to know that it is possible to change or update the personal details on your Emirates ID card. But you need to follow a certain defined process. Plus, it is necessary for you to pay a visit to an immigration authority center physically to complete the process. Read on to find out other details of the process.
Process to Change or Update Personal Details on Your Emirates ID
There can be countless reasons to update or modify the personal information on an Emirates ID. Luckily, the government of the UAE has made it possible to change this important information by following a defined process. The process for anyone including Dubai residents to change or update personal information on the Emirates ID is defined by the government. First, let’s find out what documents you might require when you try to modify your Emirates ID:
- If the resident visa is not stamped on your passport, submit a copy of the resident visa.
- If you are changing the photo on your Emirates ID, you need an updated passport-sized photo.
- Supporting documents, depending on your change request include court documentation for divorcees, attested marriage certificate, or official labor contract.
- Original passport
Follow the steps given below to update or change information on the national ID:
Step 1. Update Residence Visa Information
First of all, you need to update your details for the residence visa. You must submit your request to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai if you hold a visa for Dubai, UAE. This procedure can be finished in one of three methods which are discussed ahead:
- Visit an Amer center with supporting documentation needed such as your passport, and Emirates ID to submit your change request.
For instance, you would need to submit your attested marriage certificate and passport information if you wanted to update your last name after getting married.
- Want to finish the process from the comfort of your home? Use the online route. Go to gdrfa.gov.ae and choose the “Data Amendment for Residency Visa” service. This enables you to change your passport picture, full name, or job title.
- To simplify the process, go to a local typing center. The typing facility will assist you with changing your resident visa information as well as help you manage to update your Emirates ID.
Step 2. Update Details on Your Emirates ID
Take the revised resident visa and your old Emirates ID to one of the customer happiness centers of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICP) after the details on your residence visa have been changed with the new visa issued by GDRFA:
- Al Rashidiya
- Al Ghazal Mall
- Al Barsha
Apply at the center to update your Emirates ID. ICP will process your request and issue a new Emirates ID with the changed details after going through the details on the resident visa.
How to Change or Modify Your Emirates ID mobile number?
To make things easy for you, It is possible to modify the mobile number given on the Emirates ID using either the ICP app or the official website.
Via ICP Website
- Go to the ICP website.
- Give information including full name in English (which will appear in Arabic automatically), nationality, date of birth, passport number, present active email address, and latest entry date (the day you entered the UAE).
- Click “Edit mobile number” on the second page.
- Then enter your most recent mobile number with the proper country code.
- Look over and review the information provided in the application before submitting it.
- At last, deposit the processing fee.
Via ICP Mobile Application
- Firstly, download the ICP mobile application from Android (Google Play) or iOS (Apple Store).
- Log in to the application.
- Look for “update personal info” located under “public info.”
- Provide all necessary personal information.
- Select “residency” under “file type”.
- Select “Emirates ID” under “ID type.”
- Enter your legal passport number, current email address, and Emirates ID number.
- Click “Next” to search for the mobile number given on your Emirates ID.
- Put in your most recent number.
- Wait to receive an OTP confirmation.
- After paying the processing fee, check your mobile phone or email for a confirmation message.
- There will be a reference number on your invoice that you can use to track your Emirates ID status.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How can I change my Emirates ID details online?
It is a two-step process to change your Emirates ID details online. Go to gdrfa.gov.ae and choose the “Data Amendment for Residency Visa” service. This enables you to change the passport picture, full name, and job title.
How do I correct my Emirates ID?
There is a defined process that you can follow to correct the Emirates ID.
How do I update my personal information on ICA?
Follow the given steps to update your personal information on ICA:
- Go to icp.gov.ae.
- Click on the “Start Services” button.
- Look for the option of updating the service.
- Enter the application data with the details of your Emirates ID.
- Update the details including personal information.
- Pay the service fee.
Can I change my Emirates ID photo online?
Through ICA’s online Smart Services, you can change your Emirates ID photo online. In the United Arab Emirates, the Emirates ID card is an essential part of everyday life.
So this is how you can change or update your personal details on your Emirates ID.
If you are looking to start your business in Dubai, UAE, you can contact our experienced team of business setup consultants in Dubai at RIZ & MONA CONSULTANCY and start your journey towards being a rich person in no time.
Please Note: We do not provide any assistance regarding Emirates ID. Read more about our company and how we strive to bring business services to our clients.