UAE is an attractive place for foreigners from around the globe. Not only millions of tourists visit UAE every year, but many are living as expats in different parts of the country. It is mainly due to the business and job opportunities available in Dubai and other parts of UAE. Apart from that, UAE is also among the safest countries in the world and provides one of the world’s best medical and education facilities at relatively cheaper rates. All these factors encourage expats not only to stay longer in UAE, but also to bring their families with them.
Currently, there are many expats living in UAE for several years due to favorable conditions. The government is fully aware about these circumstances and provides facilities from time to time for these expats. Recently, the government permit 10 year residence visa for investors and professionals in specific fields. Though acquiring citizenship is difficult in UAE like other countries of GCC, but there is no problem in living even for decades with your family in UAE as a foreign expat.
As an expat, you are allowed to bring your whole family with you including parents, children, spouse and domestic workers. But the visa process for all these relatives is different and an expat is required to sponsor them in UAE with some conditions. It is the only way by which one can sponsor his/her family in UAE as an investor, employer or employee.
Following are separate procedures for sponsoring your family members in UAE as an expat.
General requirements to sponsor family:
- Both employers and employees can sponsor their immediate family members (spouse, children and parents) if they have valid residency permit
- Only those male residents are allowed to sponsor their family (spouse and children) that have minimum monthly salary of AED 4,000 without accommodation or AED 3,000 with accommodation
- But not all professionals are allowed to sponsor their families. Domestic workers and few other professionals are not permitted to sponsor their families even if their salary surpasses the minimum limit
- Males have the privilege to sponsor their children. If both husband and wife fulfill conditions to sponsor their children, then only father can sponsor his children. In this case, mother will not be allowed to sponsor them
- A woman can sponsor her husband and children if she serves as doctor, nurse (or any other job in medical sector), teacher or engineer in UAE. Her monthly salary must not be less than AED 10,000 without accommodation or AED 8,000 with accommodation. Women in any other profession need special approval from DNRD to sponsor her family
- Passing medical fitness test from government-approved medical center is mandatory for all above-18 males and females applying for residence visa. Applicant found to be suffering from HIV or tuberculosis will be declared medically unfit to acquire UAE residence visa
- Residence visas are issued for one, two or three years according to the status of sponsor and the person he/she is sponsoring
- Conditions for renewal of visas are same as that of applying for new visa
- After entry of dependents in UAE through entry permit, the resident sponsor has 60 days to apply for their residence visa
Sponsoring wife and children:
In order to sponsor spouse, the expat will submit an authenticated marriage certificate (in Arabic or duly translated in Arabic) to prove his/her current marital relationship. GDRFA can allow male Muslim residents to sponsor two wives in special cases.
An expat can sponsor his unmarried daughter/s and son/s less than 18 years of age. A son over 18 years of age can only be sponsored until age 21 if he is studying in UAE or abroad (proof has to be provided for his study). But in this case, he needs to enter UAE at least once every 6 months. Otherwise, his residence visa will not remain valid.
According to new rules approved by the government of UAE, graduated students or others above 18 years of age will be given a one year residence visa. This visa is renewable for one year. The cost of this residence visa and its renewal is AED 100 each.
Expat can also sponsor his/her stepchildren. This needs an NOC (no objection certificate) from biological parent of every child. This type of visa must be renewed annually.
Expats can sponsor their parents by paying a deposit for each parent to the respective immigration department as guarantee. It is mandatory for the expat to sponsor both his father and mother. It is necessary to present proof (related official document) in case of death of one of his parents or divorce between them. The expat is also required to prove that no one else beside him can support them in back home.
The expat can only sponsor his parents if he fulfills minimum salary requirement. This can be different in different emirates. In Dubai, it is AED 20,000 (and AED 19,000 in case of two-bed accommodation).
It is clear from above-mentioned details that expats can sponsor their whole family with some conditions. The process has several complications and it is difficult to complete the whole procedure without taking assistance from an experienced consultancy firm. We can assist you in getting family visa for all member of your family if you are eligible for this. We can also provide assistance in solving issues to make you eligible for this visa. You can contact us via WhatsApp # 971-56-9971225 or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.