International Organization for Standardization is an international body that sets international standards (accreditation) for commerce and industries. Accreditation is an official recognition of the proficiency, competency, and trustworthiness of a company. This international body currently works in more than 160 countries.
As we all know that Dubai is an international city and a business hub. Getting an ISO certified company in Dubai opens the door for extraordinary business profits. Dubai Accreditation Center (DAC) is the organization in Dubai that provides ISO certification (accreditation) to any company inside Dubai.
But it is also important to know that getting an ISO certification in Dubai is not a simple procedure. It is necessary to change the working of your company completely to achieve this status.
Following are a few important steps that you should take while applying for an ISO certificate for your company in Dubai.
Know your requirement:
Different companies have different reasons to apply for an ISO certification. Therefore, you should also focus on the things you want to change. You can apply for ISO Standards to increase your profits or increase customer satisfaction. In any case, you will become satisfied after getting appropriate ISO certificate. E.g. ISO 9001 approves Quality Management System (QMS) while ISO 14001 is for Environmental Management System.
Getting the required Documents:
The most important document required to get an ISO certification is the ‘Quality Manual’. You can’t expect to be accepted for ISO certification without having a proper quality manual of your company and you will only come up with a below standard management system. You can start the process of ISO 9001 certification after carefully drafting the Quality Manual.
Training of Employees:
Training of your employees is also an extremely important step before getting the ISO certificate. After proper training, your employees will be able to adjust to the new system. Training level is different for different sections of company. Few regulations of ISO apply on all the employees while others may be necessary for only a section of company.
Preparation for Audit:
You have to prepare a fake audit and then test the newly ISO implemented management system. This testing should be done for 2 or 3 months before you apply for a certification audit. This will help you to exactly know about the actual auditing process for certification of the company according to ISO Standard in Dubai, UAE.
Documentation for ISO Certification in Dubai:
ISO 9001 (Quality Management system) is the most important certification in the world and we will discuss ISO 9001 certification for a company in Dubai. Previously, the ISO 9001 certification in Dubai required lots of documents. But now more importance is given to better leadership along with other internal and external factors after the implementation of a new revision of ISO 9001 in 2015.
Instead of the previous requirement of providing separate documents for different entities, now only a single document is required. In this comprehensive document, all the procedures, quality objectives, process maps, forms, work instruction, and scope are mentioned.
Procedure to Acquire ISO Certification in Dubai
- The first thing is to select an established ISO certified company that will do auditing for you. There is a number of certification bodies in Dubai but you have to select such a certification company that has specialization in your field. If your selected certification company has specializations other than your company business then getting ISO 9001 certification will become difficult due to different approaches to your company and the certification company. We can easily say that getting ISO certification is very much based on the performance of Certification Company. This ISO certification company will work with you during the whole course of audit. It will assist to provide you with right audit through which you can get your desired ISO certification.
- The next step after submitting documents is to implement a plan in which your management team will play its part to change your company capable of an ISO 9001 Certified Company. The company will follow instructions that will be applied to every employee in the company.
- Internal audit is the main part of ISO certification. This can also be done by your own management who is well aware of ISO 9001 Standard.
- In the last step, the certification audit will be done by the third-party registrar. The auditor will check all the departments that whether the system is working according to the ISO 9001 Standard and then will send the report to registrar. In case of shortcomings, the auditor can help to resolve them.
- The documentation will be checked by registrar and it will be decided to approve the certification after removing the differences/shortcomings. In case of approval, the ISO 9001 Certificate will be sent to you.
We at RIZ & MONA Consultancy are in the UAE business consultancy for past several years with many satisfied clients. We can provide you complete consultancy to set up an ISO 9001 Certified company in Dubai. You can contact us using WhatsApp # +971 -54-5821012.