Pest control business has the ability to provide you with a decent profit, but it is not for the cowardly, as rodents, rats, roaches, termites and what not are ought to be dealt with to ensure the well-being of the occupants. In a place like Dubai, where the government and people place the safety of human well-being as a first need, pest control is a booming business option.
What Does a Pest Control Business Do?
To prevent households and workplaces from potential infestation, pest control staff, or exterminators, kill mice, rodents, roaches, termites, and other pests. With toxins or natural baits, they set traps and close off entryways. While training clients about how they can properly contain rodents, they may further still have to fumigate whole households and corporations. If you’re using hazardous products, homes with kids and pets deserve extra attention.
Pest management firms are also seasonal in nature. For example, in the warmer months, there might be a strong need for control of flies and ants, while rodents such as mice and rats are also a concern in the cooler months when they seek warm shelter and indoor breeding sites.
Setting Up a Pest Control Company
Choosing your business name is the first phase in starting up a business. At this point, there are a few important points to hold in mind, many that may not matter anywhere else in the world. Be mindful that you have to abide by a stringent set of guidelines for names. You must refrain from using any disrespectful or blasphemous words. When naming a business after yourself, avoid the names of well-known companies and avoid abbreviations. Before registering it for you, your company setup specialist can confirm whether your chosen name is available.
The next move is to apply for a license to operate. You must make this appeal to the Department of Economic Development of Dubai (DED). Again, this can be taken care of for you by your business setup specialist. You would be required to submit the following documents while applying for your Dubai pest control company license:
- Completed application form
- Passport copy of the proposed owner or owners
- Two coloured passport size photos.
- You will also require approval from the Dubai Municipality (DM). The DM will approve your application and provide a No Objection Certificate, usually within three to five working days.
After license issuance, for a company to operate, there are 3 requirements:
- Need to hire Engineer (act as supervisor)
- Need to hire a minimum of 2 technicians
- The company should have a minibus /pickup Van
The final step is that before they can start the business, the business owner, supervisor and all technicians must have visas. The visa application method might become unbelievably easy with the appropriate guidance. With this process, as well as with your license application, most business formation agents can assist you. You can also sponsor others for their visas as the holder of a UAE company license, too. This may be a partner, a parent or a child, or a housekeeper, such as a domestic worker. The maximum number of visas you can apply for depends on the scale of your company, the configuration you have selected and your personal earnings for dependent visas.
Pest Control License in Dubai
Before working on the setup, it is necessary to consider the specifications if you are looking at applying for a Pest Control License. Pest Control Licenses are provided by the Economic Development Department (DED). Pest Control Licenses cover plant protection and advanced pest management agencies that control plant pest, fungal and soil diseases by utilizing either manual, automatic, biological, chemical or aircraft control methods. Pest Control Licenses are controlled by the Municipality of Dubai and additional foreign permits are required.
Additional Approvals for Pest Control include the following:
- An engineer must be hired as a Supervisor
- Engineer with bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Insect protection/ Pesticide protection/ public protection + 1-year experience in public heath pest control.
- The engineer must complete and pass the Exam at Dubai Municipality.
- Pest Control Companies must hire a minimum of 2 technicians who will also need to pass the exam at Dubai Municipality
- Pest Control Companies should have vehicles registered under the company name
- Required to hire Engineer to act as a supervisor
- Engineer with bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Insect protection/ Pesticide protection/ public protection + 1 year experience in public heath pest control.
- Valid passport copies and visa copy.
- Officer will verify the documents, if required he will ask for a certificate equivalent.
- When all the documents are proper. The engineer/supervisor has to give an exam in DM.
- Dubai Municipality pest control license exams
- Need to apply online for the exam and it will be a written type exam.
- Minimum 70 marks required passing, if failed he can reapply after 1 month.
- The result will be out in 2 to 3 weeks.
- After the successful completion of the exam, proceed with the issuance of an online identification card.
- The supervisor is now registered in Dubai Municipality.
- Required to hire a minimum of 2 technicians.
- The supervisor will give training to technicians and once are well trained, need to appear for an exam in DM.
- The rest of the process is the same as that of an engineer
Ready to Start Your Pest Control Business in Dubai?
Before proceeding with the official formality of starting pest control service, you ought to have a detailed knowledge of procedures & methods that are required before using the deadly spray. First, to invest your time and resources in the pest control sector, you must be approved by the pest control authorities. Hopefully, this guide has led to the suggestion that starting up a pest control company in Dubai does not have to be unnecessarily difficult if you are prepared with the right skills.
With that being said, it needs a degree of previous process awareness. Moreover, it is necessary to remember that the licensing procedure is only transparent if, at the point of request, the license application is complete and clear of errors. When forming a new business in the UAE, it is a smart practice to partner with a company formation professional like Riz and Mona Consultancy. We will also help in the establishment of corporate bank accounts as well as managing your license application and advise on the most fitting financial institution to meet your particular needs.
In brief, our professionals will set up your company on your behalf, render your license and visa approvals, and take care of all the requisite administrators, leaving you free to manage your business and all you have to do is only message us for an appointment.