Pest control business has the potential to provide you with a healthy income, but it is not for the cowardly, as it requires dealing with mice, rats, roaches, termites, and what not to protect the well-being of inhabitants. Pest control is a blasting business action in a spot like Dubai where the government and inhabitants put the security of human wellbeing as a first need.
What Does a Pest Control Business Do?
Pest control workers, or exterminators, eliminate mice, rats, roaches, termites, and other pests to protect homes and businesses from further infestation. They set traps with poison or natural baits and seal off entryways. They may also have to fumigate entire homes and businesses while educating clients on how they can better control pests. Homes with children and pets demand special consideration if you must use toxic materials.
Pest control businesses often have a seasonal nature. For example, there may be a strong demand for controlling flies, and ants in the warmer months, while rodents like mice and rats are often a problem in the cooler months when they seek warm shelter and nesting places indoors.
Setting Up a Pest Control Company
The first step in setting up a business is to choose your company name. There are a few key things to keep in mind at this stage – many that would not apply anywhere else in the world. Be aware that you must abide by a strict set of naming conventions. You should avoid any offensive or blasphemous language. Avoid names of well-known organizations and avoid abbreviations if naming your company after yourself. Your company setup consultant can check whether your chosen name is available before registering it for you.
The next step is to apply for a trade license. You must make this application to the Dubai Department of Development (DED). Again, your company setup expert can take care of this for you. When applying for your Dubai pest control company license, you will be required to submit:
- Completed application form
- Passport copy of the proposed owner or owners
- Two colored passport size photos.
- You will also require approval from the Dubai Municipality (DM). The DM will approve your application and provide a No Objection Certificate, usually within three to five working days.
After license issuance, for a company to operate, there are 3 requirements:
- Need to hire Engineer (act as supervisor)
- Need to hire a minimum of 2 technicians
- The company should have a minibus /pickup Van
The last step is that the company owner, supervisor, and all technicians must have visas before they can start the trade. With the right guidance, the visa application process can be incredibly straightforward. Most company formation agents can help you with this step as well as with your license application. As the holder of a UAE business license, you can also sponsor others for their visas too. This could be a spouse, parent or child, or a domestic worker such as a housekeeper. The maximum number of visas you can apply for will depend on the size of your company, your chosen setup, and for dependent visas, your personal earnings.
Pest Control License in Dubai
If you are looking at setting up a Pest Control License, it is important to understand the requirements prior to working on the setup. Pest Control Licenses are issued through the Department of Economic Development (DED). Pest Control Licenses include firms engaged in plant protection and integrated pest management to control plant pest, fungal and soil diseases by using methods of control either manual, automatic, biological, chemical, or by aircraft. Pest Control Licenses are controlled through Dubai Municipality and additional external approvals are required.
Additional Approvals for Pest Control include the following:
- An engineer must be hired as a Supervisor
- Engineer with bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Insect protection/ Pesticide protection/ public protection + 1-year experience in public heath pest control.
- The engineer must complete and pass the Exam at Dubai Municipality.
- Pest Control Companies must hire a minimum of 2 technicians who will also need to pass the exam at Dubai Municipality
- Pest Control Companies should have vehicles registered under the company name
- Required to hire Engineer to act as a supervisor
- Engineer with bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Insect protection/ Pesticide protection/ public protection + 1 year experience in public heath pest control.
- Valid passport copies and visa copy.
- Officer will verify the documents, if required he will ask for a certificate equivalent.
- When all the documents are proper. The engineer/supervisor has to give an exam in DM.
- Dubai Municipality pest control license exams
- Need to apply online for the exam and it will be a written type exam.
- Minimum 70 marks required passing, if failed he can reapply after 1 month.
- The result will be out in 2 to 3 weeks.
- After the successful completion of the exam, proceed with the issuance of an online identification card.
- The supervisor is now registered in Dubai Municipality.
- Required to hire a minimum of 2 technicians.
- The supervisor will give training to technicians and once are well trained, need to appear for an exam in DM.
- The rest of the process is the same as that of an engineer
Ready to Start Your Pest Control Business in Dubai?
Before proceeding with the official formality of starting pest control service, you need to have a thorough knowledge of techniques & process that is required before using the deadly spray. First, you must be licensed by the pest control authorities to invest your time and money in the pest control business. Hopefully, this guide has made clear that if you’re armed with the right knowledge, setting up a pest control business in Dubai doesn’t have to be overly complex.
That being said, it does require a level of prior knowledge of the process. What’s more, it is important to note that the application process is only straightforward if your license application is complete at the time of submission and free from errors. It is a good idea to work with a company formation specialist such as Riz and Mona Consultancy when establishing a new company in the UAE. As well as handling your license application, we can also assist with the opening of corporate bank accounts and advise on the most appropriate financial institution to suit your specific needs. In short, our experts can establish your company on your behalf, make your license and visa applications, and take care of all the necessary admin – leaving you free to get on with running your business and all you have to do is just contact us for setting an appointment.