Dubai is one of the most attractive places for foreigners to live in. They do so for business, employment, study and other reasons as Dubai provides one of the best business, job, education, and medical services in the whole world. It is the reason that more than 80% residents of Dubai are foreigners. They belong to different nationalities. But if you want to take advantage of the facilities provided in Dubai as an expat, then you need to submit all the required documents.
It is mandatory for foreign residents that all or most of their documents must be attested. Attestation proves that all your manuscripts are genuine and legal. Otherwise, these will be rejected by authorities in UAE and any other foreign country. These documents not only must be attested from MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) UAE but also from the relevant ministry of country of origin of the applicant.
There are different types of documents that must be presented to authorities before getting residence permit in Dubai and UAE. Therefore, the applicant is required to get attestation of documents from relevant authority of his/her home country along with embassy of UAE in home country and later from UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Documents that must be attested:
Following is the list of documents that must be attested for approval of residence visa in Dubai. Few of these documents are mandatory for everyone while others may be required for specific purpose.
- Birth certificate
- Singe status/ Marriage certificate
- Passport copies
- Employment certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical certificate
- Educational certificates
Attestation Procedure before entering Dubai:
Before entering Dubai, the applicant is required to attest his/her documents from country of origin. There are three steps in this process.
- Initially, documents will be attested from relevant authorities and ministries in the country of origin. E.g. educational documents will be attested by Ministry of Education, police clearance certificate and others will be attested by Ministry of Interior (or relevant ministry), medial certificate by relevant department etc
- In the next step, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the country of origin will certify all these documents
- In the last step, the UAE embassy in the country will stamp all these documents after checking their authenticity
Attestation Procedure after entering Dubai:
You will be required to complete two steps for attestation of your documents in Dubai.
- In order to complete the first step, you need to visit Dubai Courts Notary Public (DCNP). You will take a token and they will verify your documents. It is mandatory to bring minimum 2 original manuscripts along with all original supporting documents (passport, ID etc.). They will keep one original document for scanning. This is helpful as you can take a certified copy (certified copy is legally accepted and can be used in place of original document) or original document if you lost the original one you have
- The last step of the whole procedure is to approve your documents from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai. You can validate all your records here by paying their respective fee. The fee and process of attestation of every document may be different. Therefore, it is wise to contact relevant authorities before attestation of every record
Document attestation for country exit:
Attestation of documents is not only necessary for those entering Dubai, but this is also a necessary process for those leaving Dubai and UAE for any foreign country. In this case, all the required documents must be attested by MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs). These are called “outbound documents” and include birth certificate, marriage certificate, clearance documents etc. But before contacting MOFA, the applicant is required to deal with DCNP and Ministry of Justice. This is the complete procedure to attest outbound documents from Dubai.
This is the comprehensive procedure that you will be required to undertake for document attestation before entering (or leaving) Dubai. This is undoubtedly a lengthy process that is difficult to proceed successfully as it involves several government departments in more than one country. Therefore, it is sensible to contact a formidable and experienced consultancy firm for mistake-free completion of attestation process.
We at Riz & Mona Consultancy can assure you to complete the whole attestation process in minimum possible time with accuracy thanks to our experience of dealing with different government departments. You can contact us to avail attestation services via our WhatsApp # 971-56-9971225 or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.