Both men and women specialized in physical training and providing personal training to individuals has a good opportunity to start a profitable business in the UAE as a personal trainer. Experienced personal trainers know that they don’t need too many clients to optimize maximum benefits from this business and you can make it a profitable business by just having 15 to 20 regular clients which are not such a difficult task in the gulf country.
Benefits of personal trainer business in UAE
- Local Emirati people are among one of the most well-off and prosperous in the world. They are fond of delicious food and spend a lot of money on various food items that have increased the rate of obesity. These people are also well aware of the problems associated with obesity and want to remain fit and healthy at any cost. This makes it profitable to invest in the UAE healthcare sector, especially as a physical trainer. If you are well trained in the field of physical fitness and personal training then you can expect handsome income from these local Emirati They are ready to spend freely on the things they like.
- Apart from these local Emirati citizens, many foreign businessmen and professionals are also residing in the UAE. These foreign residents are present in large numbers. They are also a source of a profitable personal trainer business in the country as they like to keep their fitness up to the mark. As we know that UAE is a favorite place for these foreigners due to prospects of high earning and there is no problem for them to pay a high fee of an experienced personal trainer.
- You can expect to earn high-income in UAE if you are an experienced personal trainer who has specialized in at least one field. It is likely that there are few personal trainers in your area with specialization in the same This way, you can use this opportunity to earn more from your clients who are not only willing but also have resources to pay you more.
- As a personal trainer in UAE, you can work as a freelancer or for a personal training company. Freelance trainers don’t require offices, gyms, etc. but that doesn’t mean that their charges will necessarily be lower than the personal trainers related to a gym. Any experienced freelance trainer with a specialization in a fitness field can charge as high as any other personal It is also evident through charges mentioned in several fitness-related websites.
- Few of the most profitable specializations for personal trainers in UAE include injury rehabilitation, parental & postnatal personal training and It is because there is less competition in these fields and it is difficult to find personal trainers with such specialization according to the demand in UAE.
- Those who want to enter the field of personal training now can easily achieve their goal in the country. It is because companies like Impact British Training Solutions (IBTS) in Abu Dhabi and MeFit Pro are teaching internationally recognized fitness courses in UAE.
Become a personal trainer in UAE
As stated above, you need a license and a personal training visa from the UAE govt. to start your business as a personal trainer in UAE. For this purpose, you have to qualify for the criteria set by the Dubai Sports Council (DSC). The same body issues license for personal trainers. DSC and Dubai Health Authority are also trying to promote a healthy lifestyle among Emirati citizens and foreigners through various campaigns.
As a personal trainer, you can register with UAE REPS (regulatory, professional services). You will have to pay on a yearly basis for obtaining this membership. In return, they will provide you regular training courses through a professional expert after which you can easily meet necessary criteria.
But apart from technical skills, you must have good business skills to get maximum benefits as a personal trainer in UAE. This includes marketing yourself in order to get regular clients. It is especially important and difficult to achieve if you are working as a freelance trainer. If you think that this is a difficult task for you then you should become part of a gym or fitness club as it will help you get clients more easily. You should try to select a well-reputed fitness club with a high number of memberships.
After getting clients, you can keep them engaged with you and make new clients by using your personal training abilities. You can also do so through your relationship with your clients.
An important point to note is that you need help and advice from other experienced persons while starting as a personal trainer in UAE. It will assist you to know the potential advantages you can get in the country and the problems you can face in your new business.
We at RIZ & MONA Consultancy can assist you not only in getting a proper license but also to fulfill other requirements of a personal trainer in UAE. Feel free to contact us at WhatsApp # 971-54-5821012.