The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) in all domains is the regulator of all relevant medical industry practices in Dubai. In order to have your file checked and accepted, you can go through the specifications of the Dubai Health Authority if you intend to open a new medical facility. To practice their career, healthcare professionals in Dubai require a DHA license. In Dubai, this healthcare professional license is issued by the Dubai Health Authority’s Health Regulation Department (HRD) (DHA). Healthcare industry practitioners must apply for a DHA license and pass the skill examination and evaluations to receive it.
Table of Contents
Opening a New Healthcare Facility in Dubai
Health care facilities are organizations that offer health services. That includes hospitals, clinics, outpatient facilities, and specialist treatment centres, such as birth centres and psychiatric centres. Every healthcare facilities in Dubai need to be effectively prepared, adequately briefed, competently constructed, and delivered promptly. They ought to be viable in all ways as an integrated public utility. They also need to carefully weigh the necessary functionality and expectations against capital and running costs without sacrificing the quality of treatment. Sustainability requires that value-added experience of healthcare architecture be shared rather than lost on any good initiative.
Requirements for Opening a New Medical/Healthcare Facility
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has laid out some key requirements that need to be fulfilled by the newly established medical or healthcare facility in Dubai. These requirements are:
- Establish the minimum acceptable standards as given by the Government of the UAE
- Maintain public confidence in the facilities which comply with the provided guidelines
- Provide guidance to designers on the special needs of the healthcare facility
- Consider the wellbeing, safety, privacy, and dignity of patients, staff, and visitors
- Make sure that there are no unacceptable practices being carried out
New Healthcare/Medical Facility License
Any healthcare facility must first be certified by the DHA (Dubai Health Authority). In the case of clinics, the first move is to register a trading name with the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED) for the health service operation. You will then need to send all the relevant documentation along with the legitimate information of the partners to DHA for provisional approval. Once the location has been finalized, the architecture must be accepted in compliance with the DHA requirements. After final inspections, the DHA will approve the facility if all the required criteria have been met. Licensed healthcare facilities can only be activated after the requisite DHA accredited medical director has been hired. The Department of Economic Development (DED) will issue a trade license on the basis of the permission given by the DHA. In addition to the DED trade license, a medical waste management contract with the Municipality licensed firm, medical director registration records, and malpractice insurance for medical professionals must be submitted in order to receive a permanent license from DHA.
Required Documents for License Application
- Passport & Emirates Identity Card Copy. The Passport and Emirates ID should be valid for at least 6 months.
- The development plan of the proposed building, displaying all aspects of the facility and room in square metres. The design shall be prepared by a qualified contractor and shall have a simple and complete configuration.
- License copy of the design consultant who executed the facility design and layout. The license should show that it has the Architectural Design Business Activity.
- Letter from the owners explaining the exact activities of the facility. A letter must be provided by the business owners showing their ownership percentage.
- Undertaking letter. The DHA default undertaking letter will be signed by all owners reflecting their ownership percentage.
- Details of the location of the DE business site and stamped by DM-Department of Planning. It must be achieved by the Municipality of Dubai or appropriate authority.
- Valid Trade Name Reservation Certificate. The trade name should be legitimate and issued either by the Department of Economic Development (DED) or the Free Zone Authority.
As soon as payment is made to the Dubai Health Authority, all records will be checked for clearance. An initial non-objection certificate (NOC) will be given following clearance. Such a non-objection certificate would not allow the corporation to do business without first completing the registration process with the Department of Economic Development and the Municipality of Dubai.
Once the facility is ready, a copy of the trade license should be given to the Dubai Health Authority along with a letter of non-objection from business owners to nominate a licensed manager. Managers must notify DHA and DHA will send inspectors from the Audit and Inspection Department to the final inspection of the medical facility as the key goal of the Dubai Health Authority is to attain the highest degree of conformity with health standards by assessing the quality of health care by inspection and achieving the highest level of satisfaction. If the healthcare facility or professional has not met with the DHA Rules and Guidelines, fines shall be levied. Some DHA inspection visits are:
- Routine inspection
- Inspection on an administrative order
- Inspection to collect medical files
Riz and Mona Consultancy
The creation of a new medical or healthcare facility in Dubai is a challenging task, as it needs a vast range of permissions from separate departments that may impact individuals who are inexperienced in UAE health law. It is advisable to get the support of a company set-up specialist. Riz and Mona Consultancy is one of the top business consultants in Dubai and the UAE. We enable individuals or businesses to launch a new company around the UAE. We will support you in the course of your business and offer other business-related services. Please email us today and book an appointment with our specialist advisors to set up a new healthcare facility in Dubai.