Freelance is an independent job that gained immense popularity all over the world. The continuously rising popularity of freelance jobs is directly proportional to the usage of modern technology. Freelancing provides peace of mind; this is about an individual starting self-employment. This can result in getting a handsome income while working freely and comfortably.
Freelancing in Dubai
Like other modern cities across the globe, the scope of freelancing is increasing in Dubai. A freelancer can increase his/her income at very little cost. On the other hand, a company can also cut its cost considerably by hiring expert freelancers instead of regular employees. The business-friendly government of Dubai is completely aware of the rising trend and provides assistance for freelancers. Freelance opportunities are especially facilitated by several free zones in Dubai. Many free zones provide an exclusive freelance license in order to accommodate these professionals in various fields.
An example of support available to freelancers in various free zones is the “Gofreelance” program. This special program was launched by TECOM group in 2018 to facilitate freelancers in Dubai Academic City and Dubai Knowledge Park. Other free zones that provide license and assistance to freelancers include Dubai Studio City, Media City, Design District (D3), International Academic City and Production City.
Benefits for Freelancers in Dubai
You can expect to get the following benefits as a freelancer in Dubai:
- Get higher profits while working with reputed brands with very few expenses.
- There is no requirement of office space
- Build your own brand and reputation
- It is also possible to take multiple projects simultaneously.
- You can take projects of your choice according to your time schedule.
Best Freelance Professions in Dubai
If you are looking to start your freelance career in Dubai, then you should choose one of the below professions:
- Writing and copy-writing
- Translation and interpretations
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Web Development
- Computer-aided Design (CAD) and 3D Modeling
- Graphics Designing
- Creative Design
- Legal Services
- Mobile App Development
How to Obtain a Freelancer License in Dubai?
Follow the below steps to get a freelance license in Dubai:
- Apply to your desired free zone for freelancer license
- Submit a duly filled application along with passport copy
- In the next step, you will receive customer confirmation from authorities, send it back after signing.
- Now, you will pay the necessary fee
- After checking your application and fee receipt, they will approve and send a certificate for a freelancer visa.
- Finally, authorities will issue a freelancer license within 10 days.
How to do Freelance Registration
Take the following steps to pursue your career as a freelancer:
- Thoroughly fill the freelance application form
- Submit important documents. These include your business plan along with attested photocopies of your qualification certificates (you must meet the required qualification) and passport.
- Provide a bank statement to prove a satisfactory bank record
- Provide NOC (No Objection Certificate) for transfer of residence visa to freelancer visa
Dubai is a business hub in the Middle East. Freelancers can take full advantage of this opportunity by obtaining a freelance license in one of several supporting free zones. We at RIZ & MONA Consultancy can assist you in becoming a successful freelancer in Dubai. You can contact us via our WhatsApp # 971-54-5821012.