Serving as the host of millions of companies, Dubai has been continually developing as the land of business. In addition to the growing demand of firms, the need for technology has also risen rapidly, and today technology has become the greatest lifeline to all enterprises, as all the vital information to corporations such as certification, company structure records, profit-making, losses and liquidation is held in a digital database. As a business owner, you will understand that the company’s sensitive records and operations need a strong degree of security.
There are some business activities in Dubai that require some external approvals. Suppose if you want to start a business related to the security industry in Dubai then SIRA (Security Industry Regulatory Agency) approval is required. Before proceeding to SIRA approval procedure, we will first discuss what the Security Industry Regulatory Agency in Dubai is and why its approval required for some business activities to start.
Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA)
SIRA stands for Security Industry Regulatory Authority and it stands as the governing body that regulates the security industry in the United Arab Emirates that works on the values of quality, safety, sustainability and innovation with the main aim of making Dubai a safe and secure city. So, when it comes to business setup in Dubai, certain businesses require external approval to conduct business activities.
Approvals Provided By SIRA
The SIRA authorized body provides licenses for the following business categories:
- Security Licenses Approval
- Companies Security Services licenses Approval
- Individuals Services Approval
Security Licenses Approval: SIRA provides security license to peoples with the following specification
- Event Security Guard
- Cash in Transit Guard
- Security Guard
- CCTV Operator
- Security Systems Engineer
- Security Systems Technician
- Security Consultant
- Security Auditor
- Security Manager
- Security Trainer
- Security Supervisor
Companies Security Licenses Approval: SIRA provides companies security license for the following service specification
- Management Office Only
- Precious Commodities Stores (value of merchandise less than 100,000)
- Precious Commodities Stores (merchandise value exceeding 100,000)
- Precious Metals and Gemstones Trading & Manufacturing
- Gold Offices
- Precious Materials Warehouse
- Monetary Financial Institutions
Individuals Services Approval: Security Industry Regulatory Agency offer individuals services for the following specification to start
- Security Dog Training Centre
- Safe Transportation Vehicles Trading
- Preparation of Vehicles for Safe Transport
- Security Studies & Consultancies
- Centre for Operations & Monitoring Services
- Security & Surveillance Systems Installation & Maintenance
- Guard Property Services
- Party Security & Private Guarding Services
- Security Control & Alarm Equipment Trading
- Money & Valuables Transport Services
- Security Control & Monitoring Services
- In-house Security Services
How to Get SIRA Approval in Dubai?
Each business activity mentioned above requires different requirements of documents and provision of online submissions to get the final approval from SIRA on the trade license. Dealing with the complete process in-house can be quite a difficult process for you, as you would require an authorized body to help you get through the process with ease. So, the smart way is to have words with a professional business consultant who is an expert in this domain who will have in-depth knowledge about the UAE’s legal proceedings.
Qualification and Experience Needed for SIRA Dubai
The good thing about some SIRA courses and other vocational courses in UAE is that you can apply for most of it on tourist visas then use it as an added certificate to search for a job. In the case of security, you do not require any qualifications to do some entry-level courses. But to take some higher license you need experience. Such as CCTV Operator, Security Supervisor, Security Manager requires you have security experience to acquire the license. However, you can start with the entry-level like the SIRA security guard license. The Security industry in the United Arab Emirates requires you to be physically fit and the acceptable age is between 21 and 55. It is a reasonable age bracket if I may say. If you are within the age bracket and physically fit, then you can apply for SIRA on a tourist visa in Dubai.
Hiring a Professional Expert
Starting a business in Dubai is not so tough if you are well familiar with local rules, regulations, and UAE legal & government bodies. Hiring professional experts will provide you with the following benefits:
- Accurate planning and streamlining the necessary steps
- Easy Execution and secure company formation process
- Expert’s guidance at each step
- Customized solutions for you according to your business needs.
- In-depth delivery and on-time delivery reports.
Our experts, at Riz and Mona Consultancy, are here to assist you through the whole legal procedure in order to get Dubai SIRA approval without any difficulties and make your business ready to go. Our team of consultants can easily guide you to get the required business license with all external approvals from Dubai government authorities. We also guarantee our clients in starting and growing their business in UAE by offering our legal documentation work and visa processing with cost-effective services. For any assistance, feel free to contact us.