The new rule has made it mandatory for foreign workers in UAE to provide good conduct certificate along with their work visa. This certificate in not only necessary for new workers but it is also required from those who already have a job in any emirate of UAE. Most affected ones are the people of those nationalities that are present in large number in UAE. One of these nationalities is the people of Philippines.
The purpose of this latest announcement by the UAE government is to eradicate crimes by people having already been convicted in their home countries or their country of residence. It is because recently few criminal activities in UAE were found to be done by people with previous criminal records.
Filipinos are present in large number in UAE and they are the second largest expat group in Dubai where they constitute around 20% of the population. Apart from that, large numbers of Filipino workers are also residing in the cities of Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. UAE is the third most favored destination for overseas Filipinos after USA and Saudi Arabia. It means Filipinos are one of the largest expat groups in UAE and they are one of the most affected ones after this new order by the UAE government.
Those Filipinos who want to enter UAE after acquiring work visa are required to take good conduct certificate (known as “no criminal record” in Philippines) from Philippines or from the country where they are residing since past 5 years. Later, this certificate will be attested by the UAE embassy in Philippine or the potential worker’s country of residence.
The complete process of acquiring good conduct certificate for those Filipinos already working in UAE is given below.
- Philippines’ Consulate will provide free of cost application form of NBI clearance (NBI form no. 5)
- After filling the form, the applicant will visit his/her nearest police station for fingerprinting. The form will be signed by the police officer after taking fingerprint
- Now the worker will visit the Philippines’ consulate to get Special Power of Attorney (SPA)
- In the end, all the required documents will be authenticated and NBI clearance will be attested at the UAE Embassy in Manila
- Required documents include: SPA, a 2×2 ID photo, original & photocopy of fully filled NBI application form and 4 copies of passport identification page of the applicant
If you are a Filipino already working in UAE or one who wants to enter the country on work visa, you are required to acquire good conduct certificate. To make the whole process easy and quick, you can contact Riz & Mona Consultancy for assistance. You can contact us via our WhatsApp # 971-56-9971225.