Most people, after having their UAE visa, don’t remember the renewal date which is why it is important to know that there are various methods through which you can check the visa validity. The renewal process is something everyone has to go through whether it is every year or more, depending on the type of visa you have acquired in the first place.
The simplest method is to either carry your passport at all times or you can find alternative methods to check your visa status. Most of the methods included the use of the feature of doing so online.
Table of Contents
How to Check UAE Visa Status Online
The United Arab Emirates government has made a number of application processes simpler by opening up online channels. The visa status can also be checked online on the official portal which gives a number of additional visa-related services.
In order for you to check the status of the visa, you must have the passport number. The next step is to log on to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website. Enter the passport number and this will prompt whether the visa is still valid or not. Residents also have the luxury to crosscheck the validity of visa through the official government website as well.
For those who are still confused, here is a step-by-step guide to tracking your visa validity using just your passport number:
- Visit the official website by clicking here
- Select Passport Information
- Select Residency or Visa
- Enter your passport number along with its expiry date
- Open the dropdown menu and select the nationality
- Select the captcha check box and click on Search
How to Track UAE Visa Application
In order to track your existing application, you will need two things:
- Application Number
- Reference Number
Even if you apply for your visa application through any visa service provider, you should always ask them for both the things; the application number and also the reference number. Through this, you can easily track your application.
- Everyone who has applied for their visa to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah track your visa application on the website of Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship- ICA (the eChannel for residency and citizenship).
- If you applied for a Dubai visa or through Amer centers in Dubai, track your visa application through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai (Vision eForm.)
Who Can Apply for UAE Visa?
If you are a citizen of any of the following countries then you are not required to apply for a visa as these countries have visa on arrival:
Apart from these countries, citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and Saudi Arabia are also eligible for visa on arrival at Abu Dhabi International airport.
How to Check UAE Visa Validity
People who have applied for a visa to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah and already have entry permit/residence visa then they can visit the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship ICA website and check for the validity from there. The eChannel is created for residency and citizenship.
Those who already have the entry permit/residence visa in Dubai can log on to the Amer-GDRFA and check for the visa validity from there.
Alternatively, you can also contact the authorities to get information over the telephone or via email. The ICA has a toll-free number and a contact email address.
For more information, please contact:
- The UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai
Check Visa Status Using GDRFA Portal
Questions regarding the UAE visa process, validity, application are all required to be answered by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). The portal is tasked with this responsibility for all emirates except Dubai, which has its own portal that allows you to check the visa status.
The UAE government itself enabled all the citizens to use this service through the GDRFA website and it started back in 2011. The service is still ongoing and you can avail of it by visiting the GDRFA website.
Here is a step-by-step guide as to how to do it:
- Log on to the website by clicking this Link
- Select the Residence Validity option from the drop-down menu as it will contain a number of services
- Enter the residence file number using your year of issue
- The residence file number can be identified from the visa page in your passport
- You will then have to enter your first name
- The name should be the same as it appears on the passport
- After that, you will need to enter the correct date of birth
- The date of birth must follow the dd-mm-yyyy format
- Enter the Captcha code and after that click Submit
Before processing any application, you should double-check and cross-verify all the information that you are submitting to the authorities because this can often be the reason why your application might get rejected. Additionally, inserting any information which is false might lead you to an extended journey with the authorities. Only when the information has been rectified will your application be processed.
Assuming that all the information you have entered is correct, your visa validity detail will appear in green which will be below your submission form. The details will contain all of your information which includes UAE visa expiry date, your complete name, your date of birth, your nationality, and gender.
Check Visa Application through GDRFA Dubai Application
UAE has ramped up its efforts to bring more and more ease to all the people, whether they are UAE residents or people who are merely applying for their visas to enter the United Arab Emirates. In a bid to further bring ease to the people, the UAE authorities launched the application for GDRFA Dubai. In order to check the visa validity, all you have to do is download the application on your phone and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the app
- Select the Services label
- Click on Entry Permit / Residence Status
- After that, select Residence Inquiry
- Enter your details, which typically will include visa code, first name, nationality, and date of birth
- After double-checking, the information entered, click Inquiry
Given that all the information is accurate, you will see a green tick displayed at the bottom of the page with additional details of your visa; these detail will include your full name, your UAE visa expiry date, the type of visa you have applied for along with your visa number.
Note: You don’t have to sign up for the website if all you want to do is simply check your visa status. No login credentials are needed.
You don’t always have to carry your passport with you at all times. Another smart way is to have your passport scanned and you can keep the scanned version on your phone. Similarly, you can also have a photocopy of the front page of your passport in your wallet. These methods make life a lot easier for you.
Similarly, you can also use the same methods listed above to check the validity of the UAE tourist visa as well. You can have your tourist visa renewed or extended as well.
Our Visa Services:
For more information, contact Riz & Mona Consultancy team and we will be more than happy to guide you through any process you are stuck with.
If you’re looking for any assistance regarding Investor/Partner Visa, Residence/Family Visa, Employment/Work Visa, UAE Golden Visa, Tourist Visa, Maid Visa, Student Visa, Transit Visa, Visit Visa, and eVisa then just book a free appointment with us. We assist our clients at every stage starting from inception to completion of the visa.
Contact us on Whatsapp: +971 54 582 1012 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.