Dubai is one of the world’s most visited places. Lucrative investment and job opportunities make it ideal for foreign residents. It is the reason that more than 80% of residents in Dubai are foreigners. These foreigners need a visa for completing different tasks like residing in Dubai, investing, employment, bringing family, etc. Different types of visas have their own requirements and periods. Some last for a year or two, others may not require renewal for several more years. But in any case, one needs visa renewal after its expiration. Following are the most important visas in Dubai and their renewal process.
Residence Visa Renewal in Dubai
It is one of the most common visas. A residence visa is necessary for staying in Dubai legally. After expiration of residence visa, GDRFA grants 30 days grace stay period to the holder of visa for its renewal.
Requirements for Residence Visa Renewal
There are several requirements for the renewal of residence visa in Dubai. Most important ones are:
- It is necessary to have a sponsor with a valid residency permit
- Passing a medical fitness test
- Obtaining Insurance card
- Issuance of a renewed identity card from ICA (Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship)
- Submission of necessary documents including an online application, original passport and latest photo of the sponsored
- Employees working in the private sector will require additional documents. These documents include copies of firm card, trade license, and renewed labor card.
Family Visa Renewal in Dubai
Expats can sponsor their families through a family visa in Dubai. The duration of this visa is different according to the family member sponsor. A resident can sponsor his/her spouse and children (unmarried daughter and son less than 18 years old) under family visa.
Requirements for Family Visa Renewal
Following are important requirements for renewal of family visa in Dubai:
- You can submit a visa application online. It is not necessary to visit the Immigration Department for this purpose.
- Fee can only be paid through the typing center.
- Minimum salary of sponsor should be AED 4000 (or AED 3,000 with accommodation)
Documents required for Dubai Residency Visa
- Original passport of sponsor and family members (spouse and children)
- One photograph of each member
- A copy of the sponsor’s employment/company contract
- Salary certificate
- Tenancy contract
- Most recent utility bill
- Marriage certificate (of a spouse) and birth certificate (of children)
- IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of sponsor
Investor/Partner Visa Renewal in Dubai
Investor visa, also known as partner visa, allows investors of a company to stay in Dubai and conduct business activities. Generally, an investor visa in Dubai is valid for 3 years. But the government has announced the “Golden Card” scheme in 2018 under which investors (and specialists) can obtain a 10-year residence visa after fulfilling specific requirements.
Requirements for Investor Visa Renewal
- In case of the company’s e-DNRD account, the investor can initiate visa renewal process through the typing center.
- In normal circumstances, it takes around 2 weeks to complete the investor visa renewal process.
- If you want to complete the process earlier (in around a week), then it is necessary to pay Urgent Fees for this purpose.
Documents for Investor Visa Renewal
These below documents are required for renewal of investor/partner visa in Dubai:
- Two passport size photographs
- Medical certificate
- Medical insurance
- Original passport of investor
- Copies of a tenancy agreement, latest utility bill, company bank statement, and service agent contract
- IBAN of sponsor
- Trade license
- Residence visa application
Tourist Visa Renewal in Dubai
Tourist visa, also known as visit visa, obtained by tourists from around the world. Females under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parents to acquire this visa. Holders of tourist visa in Dubai can get free visas for their children below 18 years (every year between 15th July and 15th September). Visit visas in Dubai are issued for 30 days or 90 days. But these visas can be extended or renewed for a specific period.
Requirements for Visit Visa Renewal
- Visit visas are issued and renewed by UAE-based airlines, tourist agencies, and hotels. UAE embassies have no role in the issuance or renewal of tourist visas.
- After the expiry of a tourist visa, it can be renewed twice for 30 days period (total 60 days).
- Tourists and visitors can apply for the renewal of visa before expiry of their initial visa.
Apart from these, the renewal of several other types of visas is also required in Dubai. These include employment visa renewal, maid visa renewal, dependent visa renewal etc.
In order to complete the visa renewal process in Dubai successfully, you should contact RIZ & MONA Consultancy. We have years of experience in fulfilling all requirements for the renewal of all types of visas in Dubai.