What is EJARI?
EJARI is a system developed by RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Agency). Its purpose is early and smooth completion of all rental and lease agreements in Dubai. It became functional in 2007. Now, it is mandatory for landlords (both individuals and companies) to use EJARI for registration of their tenancy agreements. Since 2010, an online portal is handling registration of all the rental and lease contracts.
Why It is Important?
EJARI is an important process for both landowners and tenants. It is designed to make the tenancy process free from shortcomings. The importance of EJARI registration is evident from the following facts:
- EJARI is now mandatory for registration of all tenancy agreements in Dubai. No tenancy agreement is valid without registration.
- Apart from a tenancy agreement, It is also mandatory for the DEWA connection. Therefore, the property will not get electricity and water services in the absence of registration.
- EJARI registration can be done online. This makes the whole procedure simple, quick and faultless. This provides peace of mind to both landlord and tenant.
- Cancellation of EJARI is necessary before any new registration. In case of an arrival of a new tenant, it is mandatory for a landowner to cancel the previous registration and then start processing for new registration.
- The annual renewal of EJARI registration is also necessary. Failing in completion of this process may result in hefty fines.
EJARI Registration Process
The government has made it easier for landowners and tenants to complete the registration process conveniently. It is important to note that tenants can’t get EJARI registration on their own. Only landlords (or their representatives) and authorized property management companies are allowed to register for an EJARI account. A landlord and real agent require a training certificate from RERA for this purpose.
Both tenants and landlords are responsible for completing the EJARI registration process. But the tenant has more responsibility as he has to pay the fee and also complete the process. One can get registration either from any of the approved typing centers or through EJARI online portal. Alternatively, you can also download the official app for this purpose.
Required documents for EJARI
The most important EJARI requirement is the submission of all required documents. Below listed documents are essential for the registration process:
- Original tenancy contract
- Passport, UAE visa and Emirates ID of tenant
- Copies of the landlord’s passport (in case of a person)
- Trade license (if commercial property)
- Security deposit receipt
- Copy of power of attorney document (it has to be renewed annually)
- Copies of latest DEWA bills
- Copy of title deed of rented property
How to apply EJARI online?
- Download the Ejari official app from android or apple store.
- Register with your Emirates ID, passport and visa copy.
- Upload all necessary documents including tenancy contract, Emirates ID, landlord, etc.
- Both landlord and tenant will register on the app for this purpose.
- The landlord will approve all documents presented by the tenant.
- After approval, EJARI certificate will be issued by authorities.
EJARI contract includes a unique ID number. This number will become useful for DEWA account registration.
How to renew EJARI?
The renewal process is very much similar to the registration process along with the above-mentioned documents.
How to cancel EJARI?
The documents required for EJARI cancellation are the same as for registration.
EJARI registration must be canceled as soon as the tenant leaves the occupation of a property. The landowner and new tenant will not be able to register again without cancellation of the previous EJARI certificate.
How long does it take to get an EJARI certificate?
Normally it would take 2 days, after the submission of documents.
How to download EJARI registration certificate?
You can download your Tenancy Contract Registration Certificate from here.
Where to go for EJARI registration?
Visit approved Ejari typing center along with the required documents. Or contact us to complete the whole process effectively.
These are the few important points related to EJARI registration in Dubai. The process is extremely important for all types of tenancy agreements. It is also important to complete this process in time to avoid several complications and fines. You can also contact us via our WhatsApp # 971-54-5821012 and landline # 971-4-5586339 number.