We have already discussed that Dubai is taking important steps to ensure growth of automotive sector in the emirate and UAE. Dubai Auto Zone (DAZ) is an example where companies related to auto industry are given full support for growth and prosperity. But the government of Dubai isn’t solely relying on a single free zone to support auto industry. In fact, there is another free zone also available to help companies re-export cars and vehicles to other parts of world. Dubai Cars and Automotive Zone (DUCAMZ) has been established for the very same purpose.
DUCAMZ was established in the year 2000 with the aim to promote re-export of new and used cars from Dubai to related markets in Middle East, Asia and Africa. It means this designated free zone is exclusive for trading and selling of vehicles and all the facilities are provided according to the requirements of companies that re-export new and used vehicles to intended markets of region. As there are different driving requirements for various countries, so the vehicles are subdivided in two categories according to the type of cars needed in different markets.
- Left-hand drive vehicles for local markets of Middle East
- Tight-hand drive vehicles mostly for African markets
There are several advantages available in DUCAMZ for related companies that are not available in most of other free zones. Few exclusive advantages include:
- Repairing, maintenance, banking and insurance activities for vehicles are allowed
- There is no restriction on number of imported cars
- It is located in Ras AL Khor area with an easy access to regional airport (Dubai International Airport), seaport (Jebel Ali Port) and highways that connect neighboring countries
- This free zone is span on an area of 8 million sq. feet. This makes it one of the largest free zones in Dubai and the largest of its kind. It means lots of place and opportunities for new companies
- Presence of comprehensive and modern infrastructure to meet the latest demands of automotive industry
- Freight charges are very low
- Easy clearance from related departments including port, police, customs, banks etc
- Other free zone advantages including 100% foreign ownership, 100% repatriation of profits, freedom from income and corporate tax for 50 years etc
These benefits clearly highlight the growth prospects for companies setting up their units in DUCAMZ. It is the best place in Dubai, UAE and the Middle East for companies that want to re-export vehicles to various countries. If you want to take full advantage of these incentives, then we at Riz & Mona Consultancy can assist you in setting up your business here. You can contact us via our WhatsApp # 971-56-9971225 or email address email@example.com.