Dubai is rightly known for skyscrapers and other marvelous building projects. High rise buildings in Dubai perform several functions for growth of several industries in the whole emirate. They not only solve problems related to residence and business accommodation but also provide boost to tourism industry. Apart from high rise buildings, the building of hotels, parks, artificial islands and other business and entertainment projects are continuously under construction in Dubai.
The construction and building sector is on the rise in this emirate since past several decades and there is no reason that will not achieve further growth in coming future. A recent report shows that UAE has world’s 2nd fastest construction growth. It is mainly due to the progress of Dubai. An important aspect that favors construction sector is the upcoming Dubai Expo 2020. The preparation of this international event has transformed the previously-isolated area of Dubai South in to a business hub.
There are several other large and small building projects underway in different parts of Dubai. They provide massive opportunities for the construction company formation.
Fortunately for investors, they are allowed to setup a construction company in Dubai mainland as well as in many free zones present in Dubai. Both these areas provide their advantages as well as specific requirements are also required for them.
Following are important steps required for setting up a construction company in Dubai mainland and any of the several free zones there.
- Commercial license is required for starting a construction company. For this purpose, the relevant authority is DED (Dubai Economic Department). Different free zones have their own respective authorities that provide building license for construction companies. There are different types of licenses required for different types of construction activities including building contracting license, building maintenance license, wrecking & demolition license, steel constructions contracting license and several others
- You will require professional license to conduct activities related to engineering, design and project management
- Construction companies are also required to hire engineers or consultants. These professionals can start their activities after acquiring building permits
- Whether you want to establish your construction company in Dubai mainland or free zone, it is mandatory for you to know, understand and abide by the provisions of building law. It was amended in 2013
- After license approval from DED, the applicant will need to take special approval from other related authorities. This is necessary to complete the procedure of setting up construction company in Dubai. These departments include DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority), Etisalat (permit for telecommunication), Building Department (for building permit), Drainage and Irrigation Department and NOC from Dubai Civil Defense Authority
As several large and small projects are underway in Dubai for upcoming Expo 2020 and tourism facilities, so it will be unwise not to take advantage of these facilities by opening your construction company in this particular emirate of UAE. Despite being a business-friendly place, there are still several hurdles and complexities for construction company registration in Dubai.
In order to make this process quick and hassle-free, you should contact Riz & Mona Consultancy via our WhatsApp # 971-56-9971225 or email address email@example.com. We will ensure to complete this whole process correctly and in minimum possible time. We provide these services on competitive price.