Dubai has one of the highest percentages of expat population in the world as more than 85% population of the city consists of foreigners that are residing in the emirate to take advantage of the lucrative business and job opportunities available in Dubai. As compared to several other locations, expats want to live as long as possible in Dubai due to the high lifestyle and security they receive in the emirate. There are several people from around the world that have made Dubai their second home and are residing permanently in the city. In this case, it is important to bring your whole family with you. Dubai provides opportunities in such cases for residents to shift their family from their country of origin to Dubai. For this purpose, residence family visa is required.
But there are several conditions that have to be met in order to approve the residence visa for family in Dubai. The recent rules and regulations for family residence visa in Dubai came in force from March 2016. This new law has simplified the procedure as compared to previous complicated process.
In order to apply for family (wife and children) residence visa, the minimum salary required is AED 4,000 without accommodation or AED 3,000 with accommodation. If your family is outside Dubai, then you will initially apply for entry residence visa. After their arrival in Dubai, you will have to complete the family residence visa process in 30 days.
Following are the documents that will be required to complete the visa process:
- Completely typed application form
- Emirates ID
- Original marriage certificate, attested by Foreign Affairs in UAE and UAE embassy in the country of origin
- Original birth certificate of children, attested by Foreign Affairs in UAE and UAE embassy in the country of origin
- Attested work contract for private employees or salary certificate for government/ semi government employees
- Attested tenancy contract
- Original and photocopies of passport of all family members
- 3 passport size photos of all family members
- Last three month bank statement and IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the sponsor
- Medical certificate of spouse and children over 15 years of age
- If sponsor is investor then few additional documents will also be required including AED 3020 (refundable) deposit for each family member, trade license copy and LLC agreement
The typed application and all the necessary documents will be submitted to GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency & Foreign Affairs) Dubai that will verify all the documents and then approve the visa by stamping residence visa on passport of your family members.
There are two important things to consider regarding residence family visa. The first is that the family members will have to stay in Dubai for the first six months for validity of the visa. The second thing is that there is a completely different procedure for parents’ visa in Dubai.
This is just a synopsis of the relatively complicated process of acquiring residence family visa in Dubai. For complete assistance and quick approval of the whole process, you can contact Riz & Mona Consultancy. We have experienced team of PROs that can complete the whole visa process on their own and you will not need to worry at all. You can contact by calling us at our landline # 971-4-5586339.