Drones are UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) that are controlled by its operator on ground. Drones were initially used for difficult military missions but now they are commonly used in commercial, scientific, agricultural and other peaceful tasks. Now these drones are also used by individuals in many advanced countries. Despite the effectiveness of drones, they also pose danger as they can be misused and may also prove dangerous due to accidents. It is the reason that countries allowing the use of these aerial vehicles have strict rules and regulations for their usage.
Dubai has the reputation of being one of the world’s most modern cities that is always ready to adopt new trends and inventions. It is happening for drone technology as well. Now, it is allowed for residents as well as tourists to fly drones in Dubai after getting proper license and abide by the rules designed by authorities for this purpose.
It is necessary for drone operators not to fly their aerial vehicles near any airport (these areas are designated as no flying zones in Dubai). Doing such thing will incur fine of AED 20,000 or more. Apart from that, flying an unauthorized drone in Dubai is an offense that can result in prison and fine of up to AED 50,000. It is also not allowed to use Drones to breach privacy of any person by taking picture or make video without permission. For this purpose, drones are also forbidden over residential areas.
Therefore, it is extremely important to fly your UAV (either for recreation or commercial activity) after getting appropriate license from authorities and also follow rules and regulations properly.
There is a complete procedure for general trading license and all other licenses in Dubai. Following is the step to step process to get drone license in Dubai.
- Main authority that registers drone flying in Dubai is DCAA (Dubai Civil Aviation Authority). An individual or organization is required to take NOC (no objection certificate) from DCAA through their eservice
- Registration of both drone and pilot in DCCA is mandatory for all types of activities
- Your application for drone license must be comprehensive. It must include your contact details and information about your UAV flight
- Apart from DCAA, other authorities will also be required according to the type of drone activity (recreational or commercial) you want to undertake. You may need copy of approval from authorities like Ministry of Defence, DFTC (Dubai Film & TV Commission) and others
- In case of commercial-purpose drones, insurance of these aerial vehicles has also been made mandatory by authorities in Dubai
- Processing time of your drone license application in DCCA is usually 5 days if the application is complete and submitted along with all required documents
- Soon after receiving your permit, you can start flying your drone according to the type of license (commercial, personal) you applied for
After getting this license, it is the responsibility of license-holder to make sure legal use of drones without breaching no-fly zones and privacy of common people. These drones are now in use by several companies on commercial level that is proving quite beneficial from financial point of view. On the other hand, youngsters and enthusiasts are using it for entertainment and leisure activity. It is expected that usage of drones will increase markedly in Dubai in near future due to their potential benefits and affordability of people to utilize them.
For quick and hassle-free approval of drone license in Dubai, you can contact Riz & Mona Consultancy. We are experts in approval of trade license in Dubai as well as all other types of licenses in Dubai and UAE.